Chapter 3: Rush and Pain

• Dedicated to All of my friends for helping me through the dark times.

Sorry if I didn’t do their show of powers in the exact order!

Disclaimer: I do not claim any ownership of X-Men. I only claim ownership of Tara. Enjoy the story!

-----

As I sat down with the others we all began to tell some stuff about each other but not much. None of us were ready to tell of our pasts but with the thoughts I could hear I was already learning a lot. I didn’t want to though, I didn’t want to hear their thoughts I wanted it to stop. As if I had flipped a switch my mind when silent. All I could hear were my own thoughts.

Then Raven came up with an intriguing idea.

“We should think of codenames! We’re government agents now, we should have secret codenames.” she said in excitement. Everyone quickly agreed at the prospect of it. I was overjoyed. I thought it would be fun.

“I want to be…Mystique!” Raven said after a moment to think. Then Sean pounded his chair arm.

“Damn! I wanted to be Mystique!” We all laughed at his exclamation as I started to take a sip of my water.

“Well tough! I called it.” Raven said before turning into Sean! I nearly spit up the water. Everyone was looking at her amazed as Sean jumped in his seat.

“And I ‘m way mysterious than you” Raven said in Sean’s voice! She then turned back to herself and turned to Darwin. “Darwin what about you?”

“What will you be?” I asked looking to him.

“Uh...Darwin’s already a nickname. And you know it sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all. I’ll show you” he said walking to the fish tank. We turned to watch him as he stuck his head in the water. Then he grew gills! It was so cool! He threw his head out of the water.

“What about you Sean?” raven asked. Sean looked to be in thought for a minute.

“I wanna be…Banshee!” He said throwing his hands in the air.

“You want to be named after a wailing spirit?” Hank asked with a raised eyebrow. Sean then stood up, putting his glass on the table.

“You might want to cover your ears.” Sean warned and we all did in hesitation. Then he let out a whistle and the window to the room broke! We all clapped as Sean looked at the broken window. He had wanted to go for the glasses on the table but he liked the new result better. I could hear him think that.

“How about you Angel?” I asked looking to her. She gave me an almost smug grin.

“My, uh…stage name is Angel. It kind of fits.” She said, getting up, taking her coat off and unfolding wings out of her back.

“You can fly!” Raven exclaimed as we all gasped.

“Uh-uh!  And…” She then turned towards the statue and spit at it. It nearly disintegrated the head! We all applauded as she put her wings away and sat back down. Raven then turned to Hank.

“What about you Hank?” she said with a sweet smile aimed towards him. He looked to the ground nervously. He had a crush on Raven. He was projecting these thoughts and I came upon them.

“What about Bigfoot?” Alex suggested meanly. Hank then looked to the ground in sadness.

“Well you know what they say about big feet…and yours are kind of small.” Raven said with a smug grin making the others go “ooh” while I was just confused.

“You guys are silly.” I thought. They all froze since they didn’t see my mouth move. Raven looked shocked and happy.

“Are you a telepath like Charles?!” she exclaimed. I shyly smiled and nodded. “I can do other things too…” I murmured looking down.