Chapter 14: The Power Of A Child

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

Sorry i haven't been writing! I have been stuck with research paper! It sucks!!!!!!!!

-----

Hank had me back in one of the living rooms as he started getting stuff out of a case. Everyone was in the room with us. All wanted to see what would happen now that i had devices to control my powers.

I was sitting on top of a table. My legs were swinging back and forth.

Hank took out a headband and a pair of gloves.The headband was black and in the center of it was a little half sphere attached to it. It looked like a stone but under it was some tech that Hank had tried to explain to me yesterday. The gloves were also black and looked like they were suppose to attach to something. There was wiring laced in the material and in the palm of the glove the fabric was gone so it exposed part of my hand. The wiring seemed to all meet up at the hole and go around it in a circle.

"What is with all the wires?" Mr. Erik asked coming over. Hank looked to him. "It's going to send pulses to help control  the powers she has and help her focus more. None of it is going to go into her body. In the headband the pulses will go into the center of her head. It'll help her concentration and focus with her mind powers. The gloves will send pulses and a mild electric current which will attract her lightning to the center of her hand." he explained. i smiled.

"Don't worry Erik. It's all safe." Mr. Charles reassured. Mr. Erik nodded after a minute. "I think i might have understood half of what he just said." Sean whispered to Alex and Darwin. Darwin chuckled while Alex smirked. Raven rolled her eyes.

Hank walked over to me and helped me put the headband on. "Does it fit alright?" he asked. i nodded. "It's soft." i said. The others laughed.

He then helped me put the gloves on. They were made of leather-like material but they weren't uncomfortable.

"Plus i looked into what you were saying Professor about her senses. The headband will help with that too." Hank said. Cool! Mr. Charles chuckled.

I flexed my fingers in the gloves. It felt really good. i smiled at my friends. "Are you ready Tara?" Hank asked. I nodded.

"Ok Tara let's get started." he said. "Lift us up again!" Sean yelled. i looked to Mr. Charles. He only smiled and nodded. I concentrated and soon everyone was lifted up in the air. Sean and Hank and Raven and Darwin were laughing. Alex was smirking along with Mr. Erik. Mr. Charles was smiling. Agent McTaggert was just...yeah.

I then made myself go up in the air. "This is fun!" i said flipping in the air. I was having so much fun i didn't notice the satellite moving.

"Tara!" Mr. Charles said. i looked outside. "Oops!" i said with a giggle. I made it go back.

I then slowly got everyone safely back onto the floor. "That was awesome Tara!" Darwin said. I smiled rocking back and forth on my knees. I still would have to get used to the praise.

"Telekinesis has most definitely improved. Your brain isn't strained to much after doing it." Hank said writing that down.

"Do you want me to go onto my telepathy Mr. Charles?" I asked him. "Not yet." he said walking over to me. "Let's go to lightning first." he suggested. i nodded. Mr. Erik walked to stand beside Mr. Charles.

"You know what to do Tara. Like i have told the others just trust your instincts. You will know what to do." he said. i nodded. I put my hands about 7 inches apart. I slowly began to concentrate.

In a few seconds little bits of static began forming in the soace between my hands. Slowly the strings of lightning got bigger and started curving. The lightning got bolder and brighter and bigger. It was an amazing blue color. The lightning curved until it became an orb of lightning. Everyone started cheering for me. I smiled as it stayed there. Then i let it die down until it fully disappear.

"Amazing Tara!" Mr. Charles said. Mr. Erik ruffled my hair. I looked at them with a wide smile and i was happy. I was so happy i was with these amazing people.

"Now it is time for telepathy." Mr. Charles said. i nodded and sat down in a chair.

"We want you to use your telepathy and go as far away as you can until you can't reach any place else." Mr. Erik said. i nodded and closed my eyes. I did Mr. Charles thing by putting my index and middle finger to my temple.

Instantly i was searching for mind signatures. It was like i was running and i could almost feel adrenaline pumping but i knew it wasn't that. It must have been the pulses Hank was talking about. I was soon out of New York and soon out of the USA! I laughed and was looking through all these minds. All of a sudden i heard a bang in the room which made me lose focus. My signature was then flying. i managed to stop and i realized i was cold. I was then in a submarine.

Didn't Mr. Erik say Shaw had a...submarine. Oh no. MR. CHARLES! i projected to him. I looked around where i was. I couldn't get out yet. I could see Azazel and Riptide. I couldn't see Angel or Shaw though. Then Azazel turned to where i was and jumped. Could he see me?

I looked down to myself. I was transparent!!!!!! I looked back up to Azazel. Riptide was now by his side looking at me wide-eyed. All of a sudden a wall began moving where a painting was. Out came Shaw and Angel.

At that moment i was out of the submarine and back into the living room. The force caused me to fly back and make the chair tip over.

"Tara!" Mr.Charles and Mr. Erik said coming over and helping me up. The others crowded around me.

"What happened?" Hank asked. "she found Shaw." Mr. Charles said. Mr. Erik looked to him and then me wide-eyed.

"They saw me though Mr. Charles. Azazel and Riptide they saw me too." i told him. Mr. Charles looked shocked.

"Dang..." Hank said.

"How is that possible?" Mr. Erik projected to Mr. Charles but i picked up on it. "The power of  a child can not be underestimated Erik. This is our Tara after all." Mr. Charles said.

I smiled when he thought "Our Tara".