Chapter 9: Those Like Me

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

Hey guys well from now on i am going to try to have a pic for this every chapter. The one in the previous chapter was of Tara's room.

Enjoy the chapter!

It was late. I knew because almost everyone was dreaming of what would happen tomorrow now that we all were going to train with our powers. I couldn't sleep no matter how hard i tried or how soft the bed was. 

I sat up in my bed and clutched onto my teddy. i was wearing Mr. Erik's shirt as a nightgown again. Raven was having clothes sent from some store for me. I liked Mr. Erik's shirt though, it was so big! I slowly left my bed and put my sock covered feet on the ground. Darwin had given them to me.

I then got up and walked over to the door and out of it. Then i slowly started making my way towards Raven's room. Without knocking i opened the door and peaked in. Raven was in there asleep but was on the break of waking up. I slowly walked over to where i was standing next to her bedside.

She groaned before opening her eyes and turned to see me. She jumped and went wide-eyed before realizing it was me.

"Why is she up so late?" Raven thought, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing here Tara?" she asked sleepily.

"I couldn't sleep." i murmured. "Is this still about Shaw?" she asked. "Kind of." i said. She opened her covers and let me crawl in next to her.

"Well what's wrong? You can tell me." she said. i looked up to her for a minute.

"Why do you hide?" i asked. she looked at me in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" she asked. "Why don't you show the others what you really look like?" i asked. She went wide-eyed"H-How does she know?" she thought in her head. 

"Mr. Charles showed me so i wouldn't be afraid of you and the others." i said softly. She nodded and pulled me close.

"I guess i am afraid of what people, my friends, will think." she said softly.

"I think you're pretty..." i muttered. She laughed lightly. "Why thank you." she said.

"Can i see you?" i asked looking up to her. She contemplated before she slowly turned into her real self.

She had blue skin but up close i noticed there were scales on her skin as well. Her golden eyes were almost like cat eyes but they weren't. She had red orange hair while before i thought it was just red before.

"You are pretty..." i said lying my head against her. She wrapped her arms around me.

"Raven...remember Azazel..." i said picturing the red man in my mind. I felt her tense but she nodded.

"I couldn't forget. Why?" she asked. "Because...he's like us..." i said.

"How?" she asked.

"He looks like us...different...even from other mutants." i said. She sighed.

"Just because he looks like us doesn't mean he is like us." she explained.

"I don't want to be like him." i said. "Is that why your so upset?" she asked. "He hurts people. What if he went through what i did? What if i end up like him?" i asked.

This Azazel man was so blood thirsty to me. He liked killing people. I didn't want to end up like that but what if i did?

"Tara i want you to listen." she said. i looked up to her as she made me look at her. "Just because you and i look like him does not mean that we will do the horrible things he has done. Do you understand?" she said. i nodded and smiled.  I nuzzled into Raven.

"thanks for talking to me Raven." i said. She smiled.

"I am glad you came to talk to me." she said. "Can i stay with you?"  i asked. She nodded. i nuzzled into her as we layed down and i held my teddy tight against my chest as i fell asleep, content, and with a smile on my face.

-----

Erik and i were checking on the kids late at night. Neither one of us sleep very much and we were talking.

"Tomorrow I'm going to go into Tara's mind. Extract the things she has seen from Shaw's." i told him. He nodded but i noticed he stiffened up.

"I already know everything about you Erik." i told him.

"It's not that. I just feel an eleven year old should have seen that man's mind." he explained. i nodded. He had grown attached to Tara but that wasn't hard. Everyone had.

We then entered Tara's room but were shocked to find her not there.

"Where did she go?" he asked. I did a quick check of the mansion.

"It seems she is in Raven's room." i said with a smile. We walked over and opened it. Even Erik smiled at the sight.

There lay Tara and Raven. Raven was in her true form and not in the blonde form she had taken up as a teenager. Tara had her teddy in her arms and was nuzzled into Raven, with a smile on her face. She had sweet thoughts of all kinds of things, childlike thoughts were always wonderful to hear. Raven had her arms wrapped around Tara tightly. She had her cheek laying on Tara's hair.

i turned slightly and noticed Erik staring at my sister.

"Stop starring" i ordered.