Chapter 8: Going Home... :D

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.
Sorry i haven't updated in awhile. We've had a few health problems in the family so its kept me from updating. Oh and with this whole Copyright thing on Wattpad i am so confused, can someone explain them to me, please?

Enjoy the chapter!

-----

 I watched the scenery go by as we drove to wherever Mr. Charles wanted us to go. The CIA was kind enough to give us a vehicle for transport...that and they really wanted to get rid of us. I didn't blame them.

Mr. Charles was driving the car. In the passenger's seat was Agent McTaggert. In the back was the rest of us including Mr. Erik. I was sitting next to him holding his arm.

I was still scared of Shaw and what he had done but Mr. Erik didn't seem to mind the attention i was giving him.

"How long is it going to take to get to this place?" Sean asked. "It will be awhile. We'll stop for lunch on the way though." Mr. Charles told him, his eyes still staying on the road.

"You're still going to love it there. I've lived with Charles for years, it still amazes me." Raven said. She was sitting on the other side of me.

"Long as we don't see Shaw for a bit I'll be fine." Darwin said leaning back. I nodded in agreement.

"Don't worry we won't." Mr. Charles said easing my nerves. "And when we do we'll be ready." Mr. Erik said.

"Hopefully..." Hank and surprisingly Alex thought but didn't dare say out loud in front of Mr. Erik.

"What if i can't handle my powers?" I asked, looking up to Mr. Erik. This question was for both me and Alex. I knew and saw he couldn't control his powers just like me.

"We'll be able to help you gain control." Mr. Erik said in a gentler way then he usually does with the others. "With my help your control of telepathy will flourish. I can see that's your most difficult power already which is expected. I had a rough time controlling it myself." Mr. Charles said, giving me a smile.

That helped me. If Mr. Charles had trouble like me he could surely help me. He had the greatest control over his powers.

We rode for a few more hours in comfortable silence. Most of the boys went asleep except for Alex. Raven had fallen asleep and so had Agent McTaggert.

"Mr. Erik..." I said looking up to him. He looked down to me.

"Why did Shaw kill your mama...i couldn't understand what he was saying... why did he hurt her?" i asked looking up to him. I saw that Mr. Erik had tensed up. I looked down about to apologize.

"I couldn't work my power..." Mr. Erik said softly. i looked up to him confused.

"He wanted me to show him my power...but i couldn't get it to work..." he whispered. I didn't say anything. I only wrapped an arm around Mr. Erik. For a few minutes it was silent.

Then everything went black.

-----

I had never willingly told anyone that. I guess Tara is different. She's like me. I looked up to speak to only to see her and Alex fast asleep. I looked to see Charles staring at me through the rear view mirror.

"I'm not angry with her." i told him. "I know." he simply said. "Tara is certainly worried for you though." he said. i looked down to the small pink girl.

"Why?" i asked not looking up. "Because she never had a mother who loved her. You did and you lost her. To her that is the greatest loss in the world and you had to go through that...alone." Charles said softly to not waken anyone. I stared down at the little girl and put a arm around her, pulling her close.

In the corner of my eye i saw Charles give a small smile. Nosy Brit...

-----

I woke up to Raven shaking me, saying we were stopping for food.

"i don't think locals would be to happy to see Tara." Hank said. he wasn't trying to be mean. i knew there were very few people like me. For all i knew the only people who remotely looked like me were Raven and that man, Azazel.

"To bad." Mr. Erik said forcing Sean to take off his hoodie. i looked to him in confusion as he put it on me.

"I don't think this is a good idea, what if they see her skin?" Agent McTaggert asked.

"Tara shouldn't have to hide in a truck waiting for food while we all eat." Mr. Erik said. "I agree with Erik." Mr. Charles said. i smiled up to him. Mr. Erik put the hood part over my head, covering most of my head. Raven walked over and put some sunglasses on me.

"Just keep your head low, ok?" Mr. Erik told me. I nodded and smiled. Mr. Charles then took my hand and led us all inside. I kept my head low like they told me and stood close to Mr. Charles. Barely anyone gave us a second glance.

We all sat down after ordering. Soon we got our food and dug in. It was really good! No food i've ever had tasted this good.

I didn't eat very much. Before i even finished half of it i was really full. I just played with my food hoping none of the others would notice.

At that moment a mother was hurrying out of the restaurant. She had her smile child holding her hand and she was hurrying out. I saw that the little boy had dropped his bear from his arms. I thought of my teddy in the car and how sad i would be if i lost in.

Not wasting a second i got up, grabbed the bear, and ran after the mom and child ignoring my friends.

"Excuse me." i said softly but loud enough for her to hear. She turned to me and saw i had the bear in my hands.

"Bear!" the little boy said happily. She took it from me. "Thank you." she said kindly. i nodded and ran back to my seat.

"That was very dangerous Tara! You could have been seen." Agent McTaggert whispered angrily.

"I was giving him back his bear. Excuse me if i find a child's happiness more important than your stupid rules." i grumbled. the table went silent before Darwin, Alex, Sean, and Raven busted out laughing. Mr. Erik was trying to hide a smirk but i saw it.

Well i don't think Agent McTaggert likes me much.

After we had finished eating we went back to the car and finished the rest of the way to Mr. Charles and Raven's home. When we got there my jaw dropped. It was extraordinary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Is this a castle?" i asked looking at it. I tried standing on my tiptoes to see everything but i started falling backwards. Thankfully Darwin caught me.

"This is yours..." Sean said in awe.

"No. Its ours." Mr. Charles said proudly.

"Honestly Charles, i don't know how you survived. Living in such hardship." Mr. Erik said although i knew he didn't really mean it.

"Well it was hardship softened by me." Raven said, kissing Mr. Charles cheek.

"Let's start the tour!" she said happily. she then took my hand and we all walked into the cas- i mean mansion.

The tour was long because of how big this place was and then Mr. Charles began showing people there rooms.

"And here's your Tara." he said opening the door. i peeked in and gasped loudly. My eyes were wide and my jaw was dropped. i was pretty sure tears were in my eyes as i held my teddy as tight as i could.

It was almost a circular type of room. It was huge! Bigger than my old place and was probably as big as half of the old second floor. It was richly decorated in a flower royal design. That's what i call it at least. There was a beautiful flower rug that covered most of the dark wood floor. There were beautiful red and white chairs around this room. The bed was in the wall and it was so huge! There was even a chandelier!

I turned and hugged Mr. Charles as tight as i could. i could hear him laugh lightly. He hugged me back and let me go as i ran in and jumped on the bed.

"It's so soft!" I yelled burying my face into the pillows. It was the softest thing i had ever been on.

This was bliss...