Chapter 6: WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.
-----

I watched in horror as more bodies fell to the ground. Raven tried to shield me away but she couldn't and I saw what she never wanted me to see.

Then those fatal words rang out in the air.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" a guard yelled as sirens blared all over the facility. We all backed up into the middle of the room.

"You stay here." the same guard ordered right before he met his demise with the disappearing man but i was able to get a glimpse of him and it shocked me.

He was like me.

He had red skin like blood and red eyes too! His hair was black and he was wearing all black too. He had fangs and pointy ears like me though! He even had a tail! He was like me and Raven but he was killing so many people. That scared me so I held my bear tighter. In my child like mind I thought my teddy would protect me.

He was very quick with his disappearing and reappearing and managed to kill someone every time.

"Shoot! Shoot!" The others said but it did no good. The red man was able to beat the others.

"Stay here my ass!" Darwin shouted. "Come on guys!" he said and we all began running out of the room. Raven had a tight  death grip on my hand and i had the same hold on my teddy.

When we reached the entrance to the main corridor we tried to go through but the people just wouldn't let us.

"No let us through!" "We can help!" were some of the things my friends said but the agents wouldn't listen.

At that moment a rush of fire and heat went through the place.

"Get back in the room!" Darwin yelled and we all began running back trying to get away. We all made it right when it got even worse.

In one window the red man was there watching and waiting for us, killing off the last of the people who tried to defeat him. In the other window a twister flew across the field and down right destroyed Cerebro turning it into scrap metal. A man came from the twister in a gray suit. He called himself Riptide from what he was projecting of his mind. I really didn't want to go into either man's minds. They both though began walking towards our room.

"R-Raven..." i whimpered but she shushed me and tried to hide me. Hank and Alex followed her lead and effectively hid me on all sides with a little help from Sean and Darwin. I could still see what was going on.

Then came a lot of gunshots and yelling from outside but one voice stood out clear even though i never found out who it was.

"Alright I'll tell you! The freaks are in there! Just let us normal people go. We're not a thr-" but the man never got to finish because from the sound of it, he was killed but i was still shocked. This man gave us up so easily. The tears were pouring down my face and i had a hand to my mouth, trying to not make a sound.

I was absolutely terrified.

Then another man walked in. He was older than the other two. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He had the beginning of wrinkles and was fairly tall. He was also wearing a black suit but also a strange looking helmet.

"Where's the telepath?" he asked the red man. i froze and felt the hold of Raven on me go tighter. I clutched onto my teddy with all my might and begged myself not to cry out.

"Not here." the red man said. Mr. Charles...they were talking about Mr. Charles. I buried my face into my teddy for a moment before lifting my head up again.