Chapter 10: Powers Understood

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

-----

I was watching Mr. Erik and Mr. Charles train. Well it wasn't really training, it was more of Mr. Erik trying to get Mr. Charles to shot him with a gun. I was kind of nervous because sometimes powers don't work in time.

"You sure?" Mr. Charles asked. You could see how worried he was.

"I'm sure." Mr.Erik said with a smirk on his face. "Got it." Mr. Charles said nodding and he pointed the gun. He goes to pull the trigger but he couldn't, shaking his head.

"No! No, i can't! I'm sorry. I can't shoot anybody point blank, especially if its my friend." he said. Mr. Erik sighed in frustration.

"Oh come on! You know i can deflect it." Mr. Erik said. He moved Mr. Charles hand to have the gun pointed at his head. "You're always telling me to push myself." he said

"If you know you can deflect it, then you're not pushing yourself! Whatever happened to the man who was trying to raise the submarine." Mr. Charles explained.

"Well, i can't. I need the situation, the anger." Mr. Erik said.

"No, the anger is not enough." Mr. Charles said. I was just watching the exchange from the bench a few feet away.

"Well its gotten the job done all this time." Mr. Erik said sternly.

"It's gotten you nearly killed all this time." Mr. Charles corrected. I just rolled my eyes.

"Don't you roll your eyes at us." Mr. Erik said but he was now teasing. i laughed and covered my mouth. Both men smiled at me and walked over to me.

After that i mostly followed Mr. Charles with training until he got to mine. He said mine would be last considering i had the most powers and the most difficult combination to control.

Darwin was going to work with Mr. Erik and i didn't really want to know what he was going to put him through. In turth Darwin didn't need that much training he was really good with his powers.

Mr. Charles and i were with Alex down in the mansion to the bunker that Mr. Charles dad put in.

"My father was very paranoid. He was very big about nuclear war and deisgned this bunker to withstand it." Mr. Charles explained as we walked in to see it.

"You know when i do this bad things happen." Alex said. I could see a projection of his power nearly killing Darwin. i squeezed his hand for a second.

"That's because you don't control it. It controls you. That's why we're here Alex. We're training." Mr. Charles said, leading me out. "Just aim for the dummy." he said and we closed the door. We listened for a minute before the alarm went off. We went inside and i gasped.

Rings of fire were everywhere but the dummy didn't have a stratch. "Oh God..." Mr. charles said, grabbing the fire extinguisher. He started putting the fire out but told Alex he would be able to control his power. Alex only looked down.

After Alex we were working with Sean. Mr. Charles was having him destroy glass, crystal, and any other breakable thing his mother and father had that he wouldn't miss.

"What you're doing is incredible.You're hitting a pitch with sound waves at the same resolute frequency as the glass. That's why it shattered But this..." he explained before motioning to his throat. "...is like any other muscle in the body. You can control it." he finished.

When i saw the idea that he had in his head i smiled. That is going to be very fun.

Later on that day i and Mr. Charles had changed into sweats to run with Hank,