Chapter 12: Family Bonding Time!

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

Hey guys. There won't be a picture this time. I don't think there would really be a need for one anyway. Plus i am really sorry for not updating in awhile. I have been trying to get school over with. It's awful and i have a whole lot of extracurricular activities. Anyway i'll try to be better. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Family Bonding Time!

-----

It was late at night. Almost midnight by the clock but i was still awake. I couldn't sleep. Not with the way Alex looked earlier today.

I didn't like it when people had that look. I sat up in my bed clutching onto my teddy. Maybe i could help him? i used my telepathy to look for his mind signature. Instead of being in his room he was in the kitchen.

I got up, slipping into fuzzy pink slippers that Raven had gotten me. With Teddy at my side i left my room and began making my way into the kitchen. i must have been a sight. My long multi-pink hair in a pony tail. Me wearing one of Darwin's shirts as a nightgown this time, my slippers, and some sleeping pants from when Mr. Charles was 7.

Why is it that boys shirts are so comfortable?

Anyway i slowly made my way into the kitchen and saw that Alex was making cocoa. I remember that is what it was from my mother's memories of her childhood.

"Is it good?" i asked. He jumped and turned to me wide-eyed. "Tara what are you doing up so late?" he asked instead of answering me. "I couldn't sleep. Everyone has loud thoughts at night." I explained. I knew that wasn't the real truth but i didn't want him to know he was the sole reason i was up right now.

"Is it good?" i asked again, looking at the pot. He turned to it then back to me. "Have you never had hot cocoa before?" he asked me. i shook my head, holding teddy closer.

"Sit down." he said simply turning back to the pot. i smiled and walked over, sitting down in one of the chairs. Alex put the cocoa into two mugs and brought them over to us. i scooted my chair closer to him.

"you're getting better with control." i told him. He scoffed and looked away. "You are!" i said. "Yeah right..." he muttered.

"Alex why are you so afraid of your power?" i asked. He snapped. "How about the fact that i could kill somebody!" he shouted. Oh no! He was angry!

I jumped from my chair and backed away into the wall, hiding my face.

"Oh God...Oh God Tara i'm so sorry." Alex said rushing over to me. i whimpered. I didn't like yelling. It means it will happen again.

Alex sighed and ran a hand threw his hair. I looked over to him teary-eyed. His eyes widened. "Oh Tara don't cry." he begged, taking me into his arms. I gasped in shock. I knew Alex didn't like a lot of physical contact yet he was hugging me. i hugged him back tight.

"I just want you to feel good about your powers." i whispered. "You don't have to be afraid of your powers Alex." i told him. He pulled me away and looked into my eyes.

"Tara...I nearly KILLED Darwin...I nearly killed my mother..." he said pitifully. I looked at him wide-eyed. "What?" i asked.

He moved me to sit back into my chair again.

"My mom owns a hair salon." he said with a soft smile. "I actually learned that from her. I always liked being with my mom when i was a kid." he said softly. i scooted closer and put my head on his arm. He then put the arm around me.

"When i was sixteen things began to change. I would get angry over simple stuff...there'd always be this heat in my chest where i felt like i had run a mile and was on fire. Then i turned seventeen." he said looking to his mug of cocoa.

"I had broken up with my girlfriend. She had been cheating on me. I was so mad. And something mom said...made me snap." he said. His hand was tightening on my shoulder. I winced causing him to loosen his grip.

"My powers awakened and set our house on fire. My mom's arm was burned. It was a miracle she still had feeling in it and would be able to use it again. My brother wasn't home at the time. After i knew my mom was alive i did some crimes to get myself in jail." Alex said softly. i looked to him wide-eyed.

I latched onto him, hugging him tightly.

"I know you're scared Alex. I am to, but we still haven't hurt anyone. We can do this." i told him. He hugged me back. i went and took a sip of my cocoa.

" This is good!" i said with a laugh. He laughed back and started taking sips of his cocoa.

"We seriously got to take care of your hair though." Alex said taking another sip. I looked to him confused.

"I know you don't like it long." he said. i looked down. i did like my hair but it was to long and always got tangled.

"I can help you if you want?" Alex said. i nodded happily. "come on." he said going to the hallway. i went to follow him before doubling back, grabbing teddy and the cocoa.

We walked to his room as he went and got some scissors.

"How short do you want it?" he asked. i shrugged. He sat on his bed and i sat in front of him. He put a trash bin in behind me to catch the hair. He started snipping my hair.

"Raven is going to freak." i explained. He chuckled. "I know what i'm doing." he said. "Did you want to be like your mom?" i asked. He was silent for a minute, still cutting my hair.

"Yeah...i did. I wanted to be a barber. i had always been good with hair, i helped my mom in the shop." he explained. i smiled. He would be a great barber.

Soon he was all done and my hair felt really light. He led me to the mirror and i happily gasped.

"Thank you Alex!" i said, jumping up and hugging him. He laughed and hugged me back.

My hair was now almost completely gone, it was as short as Alex's but a little longer. It was spiky or spikier than his was. It was awesome! The dark pink and light pink of my hair blended perfectly.

"I'm happy i could help but it's three in the morning. Off to bed with you." he said picking me up. i squeaked in surprise as he led me to my room.

He quickly tucked me into bed.

"Go to sleep." he said patting my head and teddy's. i smiled and nodded. I was already almost asleep. I barely would remember the next words i muttered out.

"Love you big brother..."