Chapter 17: Calm Before The Storm

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

-----

The next morning we were all hyped up on the adrenaline, thinking of what was coming today. If we couldn't stop Shaw, World War Three. I was wearing a black tank top, white shorts, and my headband.

We all were in front of Hank's lab. Raven was in her normal blue form which i liked. When Mr. Erik opened Hank's door though i gasped.

The entire lab was trashed. There wasn't a clean spot anywhere. Everything was destroyed and there was blue fur everywhere.

"Holy sh-" Sean started to say but Darwin elbowed him in the stomach. I looked to the two and Sean looked away. I looked back and picked up a microscope, setting it back on the table.

"There's the box." Agent McTaggert said. We looked. Over at the end of the room there was a big metal box with a duct tape X on the top.

We walked over and Mr. Charles opened the box.

"Hank has been busy." Mr. Erik said as we looked at the contents of the box.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Sean asked, groaning. I looked down at the yellow things. They weren't the most pretty things but i liked them.

"As almost none of our mutations are to endure extreme G-Force  or being riddled with bullets, i suggest we suit up." Mr. Charles said.

Raven helped me put the suit on. Like Alex and Sean i had attachments to my suit.

Unlike the others who had pants i had shorts for my suit and i also had a hood attached to the back of it. The long sleeves had stuff that connected to my gloves. My suit was yellow like the others. My boots like the others except shorter and ended at my ankles. My headband was on my head as well. I ran a hand through my spiky hair. Ever since Alex fixed it i've tried to keep it the way he did.

When we got out of Raven's room and down to the others i ran over and into Mr.Charles.

"Hello." I said with a smile. "Of course Hank makes her look the most cool." Sean said groaning. "I think the wings are cool." I told him. Alex had a disk on his uniform and Darwin didn't even have a shirt. That way it would be easier to shift adaptations.

"We have to get going. Now." Mr. Erik ordered. I could understand why. This was his chance to finally get rid over Sebastian Shaw once and for all.

When we made it to the hangar and i saw the jet i gasped and smiled. It was so cool! It was like the little model that Hank had shown me earlier but now it was much bigger and black. It was amazing.

"Where's Hank." Raven asked. Mr. Charles looked to me. I searched for his mind signature and when i found it i went wide-eyed.

"I'm here." Hank said coming over to us. "Hank?" Mr. Charles asked as he got closer. I went even more wide-eyed. Hank was...blue. Blue furred, he was so furry! He looked really cool!!!!

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work." he said, shaking his head, and looking down ashamed. I frowned. I remembered from passing thoughts that would get thrown in my head of a cure. He wanted to cure his feet. This happened instead,

"Yes it did Hank." Raven said. I looked to her and so did Hank.

"Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. No more hiding." she said coming close to him and placing a hand on his cheek. I smiled.

"Never looked better,man." Mr. Erik said patting his shoulder. All of a sudden Hank grabbed him by the throat! "Hank!" i shouted trying to go over to him but Darwin grabbed my arm.