Epilogue: The End Of The Beginning

Disclaimer: I do not claim ownership of X-Men; I only claim ownership of Tara.

Ok guys! This is it!

-----

I watched as Agent McTaggert was wheeling Mr. Charles around. It had been a week since Cuba. Hank and I were able to make Mr. Charles' wheelchair after i recovered a few days back. I had on the bandages and one of Hank's old shirts unbuttoned.

"So how many students do you think you'll have here, once you get the Academy up and running?" Agent McTaggert asked.

"As many as i can manage. Possibly more. It'll be easier once Hank is able to recreate Cerebro with the help of Tara." Mr. Charles explained. I smiled. With the use of my telekinesis we would be able to recreate the machine much faster than before.

Mr. Charles and Agent MCTaggert stopped by the trees.

"One day the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have Professor X on their side." Agent McTaggert said. "Oh! Yes i suppose I am a real professor now, aren't I?" Mr. Charles said.

"Next thing you know and you'll be bald."  I projected teasingly. I could see him give me a look from where he was.

"We're still on your side, Moira. We're still G-Men, just without the G." Mr. Charles said. "No. You're your own team now. It's better. You're...X-Men." she said and i smiled. I liked that name!  So did Mr. Charles.

"Moira, for us anonymity will be the first line of defense." Mr. Charles told her. Here came my part in a minute. Mr. Charles wasn't going to be able to.

"I know. They can threaten me all they want, Charles. I'll never tell them where you are. Ever!" Agent McTaggert promised. I ut my indexand middle finger to my right temple.

"I know you won't." Mr. Charles said. Then they started kissing. This was pretty akward. "Now Tara." Mr. Charles projected. He sounded so sad.

I nodded though and went into her mind erasing every thought and every memory she ever had of us. "I'm sorry Agent MCTaggert." I said softly. Then i made her fall asleep.I walked over as Hank and Darwin came out of nowhere and began to carry her away.

I walked down and went to Mr. Charles. "It'll be ok Mr. Charles." I said gently, putting a hand on his shoulder. He smiled sadly at me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked instead of replying. "As good as i can be." i said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"So are we X-Men now?" i asked. He smiled and nodded.

"I like it." I said, as i began to push the wheelchair. "The school will be open in a month. We have a lot of work todo." Mr. Charles said, looking around."We can make it though." I said. He smiled and nodded.

"Tara i need to talk to you about something." he said. I nodded and stopped wheeling the chair. Then i walked over to where i was standing in front of him. I was about the same height as the wheelchair and Mr. Charles...that is sad.

"What is it Mr. Charles?" I asked. He was blocking me from his mind, that was worrying me.

"What's going on?" i asked again. "You know you have become very dear to the boys and me." he said. i nodded. "You've become dear to me too." i said with a smile.

"I need to tell you that...that day when Erik and I found you, i erased all of the memories of you." he said and i gasped, looking at him wide-eyed.

I knew i held no love for my parents. It was still sad though. I knew even if he didn't take their memories away they wouldn't have gone looking for me.

"Ok..." i said softly. He took my hand gently and i smiled. I wished Mr. Charles was my dad. He squeezed my hand. I looked up to him. I then saw a folder by MR. Charles side.

"What's that?" i asked. He looked down to it and then to me.

"Well..." he said, taking it out and held it out to me.

"I still can't read so well." i said softly. "Take all the time you need dear." he said. i nodded and took the folder, opening it. The first words were in big print so i began sounding out the words.

"N-New York" i began but gasped. "Adopt-Adoption Papers..." i said and looked up to him wide-eyed.

"What?" i whispered. He took my hand again. He slowly led me up to him and i looked up to him.

"Y-You want me?" i whispered.He actually wanted me!!!!! He nodded.

I looked down to the papers again. More words seemed familiar but i didn't comprehend them. Tears started filling my eyes and falling down my cheeks.

"Will you do me the honor of being my daughter?" he aksed. i looked to him and jumped into his lap, crying harder. Hehugged me tight and i buried my face into his neck sobbing.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you:" i said through my tears. "Thank you Daddy." I said. "You're so very welcome Angel." he whispered, putting his head on top of mine.

"Thank you..." i whispered, nuzzling into him more.

1 month later

"Hi! I'm Tara Xavier! Nice to meet you!" I greeted with a smile, next to my dad.