Coworkers (2)

Hi peeps!

Quick update, yayyyyyyyyy! I love where I'm going with this story so I've been super gitty lately mwaaahahaha😈 I'm pretty obsessed...

I think my family is a little confused why I'm so excited...you know, I should be depressed because school is coming up in two weeks...it's okay I'll just write all day and neglect my homework! YAY!

Anyways here's chapter two...if you're feeling nice I appreciate all comments, critiques, criticisms, concerns and corny jokes of course.

Votes make me happy too! Thanks for all the support!

I most unfortunately do NOT own the Legend of Zelda's characters but I DO own the plot and please por favor do not post anything I write anywhere else.

Word count without a/n is 1705 words.

Muchas gracias! Please enjoy!

-West

The next day Link was back at work after his classes shelving bread and pastries.

They...smell nice... Link thought.

Most unfortunately their pretty aroma reminded him of his own Grandmother's baking. Of course, it brought back the painful memories.

I need to get away from this bread...

Link walked over to the manager of import. "Do you mind if I do something else right now?"

The manager studied him for a moment and decided it was fine, "sure. You can go help Malon with the rest of the milk."

"Uh..." Link hated doing that too. Oh well...I suppose that's better than the bread.

Link made his way over to the redhead who was busy stocking the milk.

"Hey I'm supposed to help you," Link said.

"Oh hey Link!" Malon said merrily, "that would be a lot of help thanks!"

As they put the milk on the shelves Link noticed that Malon was more tense than usual.

No point in letting it bug me, Link thought.

"Hey Link?"

"...yeah?"

He looked over to see her twiddling her thumbs nervously.

"Uh...I've been meaning to ask...would you like to go out with me tonight?"

WHAT? Link froze. He had never been asked out before. He was embarrassed and didn't know what to do. All he knew was that he didn't really want to go out with anybody.

No point in being rude though, Link thought, I'll just give myself some time to prepare, "uh thanks Malon, I would normally be interested but right now I'm not in a really good mood, so...maybe another night?" I'm never in a good mood.

"Oh," Malon said and then she smiled brightly, "okay then! I'll just ask you at a better time!"

Link tried to smile back but he internally groaned, this is going to be painful.

Link drove back to pick Aryll up from school more depressed than ever. He had just been asked out on a date. A date. How horrible.

Better not tell Aryll, Link thought, she would either get really mad that it wasn't someone she liked or really excited for me.