Misunderstanding (17)

Hi peeps!

Sorry it's a day late...I've been super stressed and busy. Ugh, I won't be able to rest until the new year.

Three more chapters to go! And since I'm tired I'll make the a/n super short.

The plot is mine but the characters belong to Nintendo. Commenting is something I love, doesn't matter who does it!

Word count is 1045 words minus the author's note.

Goodnight.

-West

Link came into view as the door was opened. After Tetra quickly ran past Link with a little "hello," Link smiled at Zelda.

"What are you waiting for come in!" He said opening the door wider.

"Thank you," Zelda said walking into the house. She clutched her book to her chest as Link shut the door behind her.

"How is it?" Link asked gesturing to the Wooden Chair.

"It's amazing," Zelda said smiling, "you really should get into romance novels."

Link cocked his head, "why?"

Zelda flushed and lowered her head, "n-no specific reason! I just think you would like them!"

"I guess I'll try one out sometime," Link said causally as he looked down the hallway. Was Link going to stay with her today instead of doing his usual things?

"I really enjoyed that date by the way," Link said looking at her intently, "I may have already said that, but I really did."

"Oh I'm glad," Zelda said breathing out in relief, "I'm happy it turned out better than your other date."

Link's brow furrowed a bit.

Wait a minute. She had said too much.

She tried to retract, "I-I mean-"

"You were there weren't you?" Link asked.

Zelda hesitated, "yes."

"You ruined our date."

"No I-"

"You were the one who threw the water balloons! You hit her soup and her face!"

"No! That was-"

Link angrily approached her, "I can't believe you. Ruining my other date...so that I'd be all free for you? Is that how it is?"

"Link! Hear me out!" Zelda was on the verge of tears; this was just a simple misunderstanding.

"It was Tetra and Aryll!"

"Now you're blaming it on twelve year olds?" Link shot back. "How can you do that? You were supposed to be watching them, but instead you came all the way out to Town Square and ruined the date. Is this really how you thought you'd get me?"

"Link! I'm telling you-"

Link shook his head. "This is ridiculous. Just get your sister and get out of my house."

Sobbing, Zelda ran past Link to go fine Tetra. Link wasn't going to listen to her.

She grabbed Tetra's hand and lead her out of Aryll's room, "what's wrong sis?"