An Invitation (11)

Hi peeps!

Since there was already a note on why this chapter was published with the last one I'll make this author's note extremely small.

The word count is 1128 words. Yep. I don't own tloz. I own the plot.

Please enjoy!

-West

"You ready Zelda?"

"..."

Tetra cleared her throat. Zelda looked over at her a bit annoyed.

"You realize that this is all your fault right?"

"Of course I do!" Tetra said taking all the blame, "I wanted this to happen. I'm the one who suggested it."

"It didn't mean you had to suggest it."

"Sure it did."

"This isn't funny Tetra," Zelda said seriously from the road, "what happens between me and Link is for me to decide."

"Great plan! How about you see what happens when he comes over for Thanksgiving?"

"Tetra!"

"What?"

Zelda sighed heavily. Was she trying to be oblivious about what she was doing? Zelda knew it was because Tetra knew she liked Link...her and Aryll had shared the news that they were trying to set Link and her together.

How good of a job could two twelve year olds do? Maybe if somehow Link came to their house for Thanksgiving it would be easier to take their small relationship father.

As if that would happen! Zelda's face was burning up just thinking about it. Still the chances seemed low; why would he be interested in her?

She was a girl who struggled in college and had to take a break. She was a girl who only wanted to read cheesy romance stories and sleep under the stars. She was a girl who dreamed crazily about the slim chances she had amazing people like Link.

I'm such a lazy person. She nearly said it aloud. She looked over at Tetra. Even if she had, Tetra would probably agree with her.

This is a crazy long shot...Zelda thought.

They had pulled up to Link's house at nearly the same time as always. For the first time ever, Zelda didn't want to go in and see Link. Apparetly it was her job today to ask him if he and Aryll could come to their house for Thanksgiving.

Tetra clapped Zelda on the shoulder, "it's all you sis!"

"Tetra...I don't know..."

"If you can't do it...then I will!"

Zelda rolled her eyes and acted as though Tetra was making assumptions, "what do you mean 'if I can't do it?'"

"Well...knowing how shy you are, you may not be physically capable of asking Link to come over to your house-"

"Oh stop it I am capable," Zelda shot back, even though she was seriously doubting it.

Tetra shrugged and hopped out of the car, "then you should have no problem."

The car door shutting was like a slap in the face.

As they walked up to the door Tetra said, "don't stutter."