More than Friends? (16)

Hey peeps!

Enjoy this chapter because the one after contains some grief...😈

My life is super busy at the moment, so I'm glad I finished typing up to chapter 17. When I'm not busy I try to get ahead with other chapters.

Why not post them all now? Well, by some chance of pure luck and the most random time placement, if I continue post once per chapter, every Thursday, then the last chapter of this book (which will be chapter 20) will be posted on THANKSGIVING!

I didn't plan that at all, and it's too good of an opportunity to pass up. Those of you who are impatient, I'm sure you'll forgive me once the book is finished:)

Thank you for all of the support that this book has received: with EXTREME special thanks to nerdforlife0_0  and NintendoFanGirly voting for this book in the Legend of Zelda Watty competition. Thank you thank you so much!🙏 That really means a lot.

Anyways if you feel like it, I would appreciate all votes, comments, concerns, critiques, corny jokes, comedic observations, complaints and colloquialisms as usual.

I do not own the Legend of Zelda characters but I do own the plot so please do not post my work anywhere else thank you.

The word count for this chapter is 1239 words excluding this extremely long author's note.

Please enjoy!

-West

The turkey bowl lasted much longer than it was supposed to (due to the fact that everyone wanted to play for much longer).

When Link got home it was getting late and he was immediately bombarded by Aryll at the door.

Aryll was wearing a pretty summer dress he had never seen before. She twirled around impressively, "how does it look on me?"

"It looks great," Link fumbled, "how did you buy that?" It looked expensive, and Link worried that she had taken some of his money in order to buy it.

"Zelda bought it for me," Aryll said cutely, "and some other things. I'll have to show you later!" And she ran off to find Tetra.

That made Link feel uneasy. Did she somehow feel obligated to buy his sister clothing? We're the clothes he was putting on her back not adequate for Aryll?

I hope not, Link thought clenching his teeth. Glancing down the hallway, he turned the other way and went up the stairs to the guest bedroom.

Why had she been so nice to them? She bought Aryll clothes, invited them over for the Thanksgiving weekend, and took him out on a date.

Link breathed out happily as he fell back onto the bed. He thought about what Rhoam had said about Zelda admiring him, and now he knew that he, in turn admired her.

Zelda was completely selfless. She was always asking her mother what she could do to help, she always wanted Link to feel comfortable.

Link frowned and wondered if he would've been like that if his parents were still alive.

He shook his head as he pulled off his shirt; it didn't matter. He should strive to be like Zelda, his parents should have anything to do with it.