Thanksgiving Plans (10)

Hi peeps!

Good news! Double update today! This chapter is just shy of 1000 words so it's kinda short and the next one is only 1000 words so I'm posting them together:)

By the way I happen to love and appreciate all votes, comments, concerns, critiques, corny jokes, comedic observations, complaints and colloquialisms.

Also I obviously don't own the characters from The Legend of Zelda but I do own the plot; please don't post any of my work anywhere else.

The word count for this chapter is 986 words minus the author's notes.

Please enjoy!

-West

Zelda was laying in bed. As the holidays neared, she noticed how much more time she was spending in this position. This is where she retreated to when she had to think.

Even though it was a pair of obnoxious twelve year olds, they were making her think. Somehow they had taken it upon themselves to set her and Link up. An absurd, but dreamy idea.

What would Link say if he knew?

Indeed, what would Link's reaction be? Flustered, like Zelda's? Or stone faced as he usually was.

No matter the detail, both of the girls' voices rang through her head several times like dinging bells.

"If anyone can ask Link out you can Zelda..."

"What if you and him got married?"

"Argh..." Zelda stuffed a pillow in her face. This was completely out of the question, and out of place.

It was an extreme idea. Though it couldn't necessarily hurt to take a step towards the extreme would it?

The first step would be to ask him out. Though if Illia liked Link and she found out, Illia would never forgive her. That's just the kind of person Illia was.

Zelda smiled. No. Even if Illia found out, going out with Link would worth it. She was going to ask him out today.

Suddenly Zelda got an uneasy feeling to her stomach. Apparently just thinking about asking Link out made her extremely nervous.

Zelda's mother knocked twice before entering her room with a glass of water in her hand, "mind if I come in?"

Zelda sat up on her bed agains the wall and motioned her mother to sit next to her, "it's alright."

She handed the glass to Zelda as she sat down who took it gladly; Zelda loved cold water in the morning.

"We're changing our Thanksgiving plans," Zelda's mother informed her as she drank.

Zelda nodded and mumbled, "mhmm..."

Tetra ran in through the door, all ready for school, "whatcha talking about?"

"Oh great timing Tetra," Zelda's mother said turning to her, "I was just telling Zelda that we changed our Thanksgiving plans. Aunt and Uncle Harkinian won't be able to make it this year."

"So nobody is coming over?" Zelda asked quickly before taking another drink.

"No. It looks like we'll be alone this year."

Tetra looked at the two of them. With a small smile she suggested, "if no one is coming over...then can we invite Aryll and Link?"

Zelda choked on her water and starting coughing uncontrollably.

"Aryll and...who's Link?" Zelda's mother wondered.

"Be quiet," Zelda warned Tetra hoarsely and started coughing again.

"Zelda likes..." Tetra started snickering.

"BE QUIET!" Zelda yelled.

"You like someone?" Zelda mother said excitedly, "and it's a young man named Link?"

"Ugh!" Zelda groaned hiding her face with her hands, "yes."

"Oh my goodness you didn't tell me! I'm so happy for you!"

"Mom it's not really a big deal!"

"What's not a big deal?" Zelda's father Rhoam asked as he too walked into Zelda's room.

"Zelda has a crush on my best friend's brother!" Tetra shared grinning widely at Zelda.

"Tetra!"

"Oh my that is a big deal!" Rhoam said sitting at Zelda's desk chair facing the bed, "how come we've never discussed this before?"

"This...has to be discussed?" Zelda asked embarrassed, "why do we have to discuss my interests again? This is new to me."

"And that's exactly the reason," Rhoam said gesturing at his daughter. "This whole 'crush' thing is new to us to. We should have known about this as soon as your feelings developed!"

Zelda sighed and put her head in her hands. Even if it was just her family around, her parents were embarrassing. Here they were. All in her room. Discussing Link. Why did things have to end up like this?

"Well what does he look like?"

"He um...has dirty blonde hair..."

"Hmm...nice..."

"His eyes are really blue..."

"You must think they're dreamy huh?" Zelda's mother asked.

"Wha-" Zelda asked shocked as she looked at her mother, "th-that was uncalled for!"

"Please Zelda," Rhoam said leaning close to her, "we just want to hear about him. It would be good for us to know who you're interested in. It's only natural that we are."

"Tetra sugested that we invite him and his sister over for Thanksgiving," Zelda's mom piped up.

"WHAT?"

"Now that's an idea," Rhoam said stroking his beard, "the mother said it so it shall be done. When you go over there today, invite them over."

"W-what?"

"I'll do it," Tetra offered smiling mischievously.

"W-wait Tet we need to discuss this-"

"-go ahead and invite them Tetra," Rhoam said giving both of them a thumbs up. "We want to meet this boy you like."

"But...dad! I...don't know if he can even come!"

"That's why we ask him!" He said as he and his wife exited the room promptly.

Zelda groaned, "Tetra why did you...you know...HAVE TO DO THAT?"

Tetra shrugged and laughed, "I'm just helping you out sis. Don't you prefer this? Or would you rather eat turkey here alone?"

"That's not the point..."

"Oh yeah it is. Just imagine: you eating turkey and stuffing...Link...eating mashed potatoes across from you...you see his dreamy blue eyes..."

"STOP IT TET!"

Tetra laughed, "Zelda, you know I can't take you serious when you call me Tet."

"Tetra...I don't want this..."

"You don't? Why wouldn't you want to look into his eyes?"

"I d-" Zelda caught herself and turned red again, "that's not the point! I want to be able to initiate activity with him myself!"

"Then you invite him!" Tetra said walking out Zelda's door. She called down the hall, "then you're the one who's giving the invitation."

Zelda just stared at her door where he entire family had just exited. Why was she getting put into a corner like this?