Epilogue (20)

Hi peeps!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

And guys...what a fun journey this book has been. Thank you so much for the support, votes and reads! It means a lot to see my work enjoyed by fellow Zelink shippers;)

This is the last chapter of this story😭it's been a fun one to write.

I may start updating my one-shot book...I have some fun ideas for that for Christmas I think...we'll see.

I don't own tloz characters but I do own the plot.

The word count for this chapter is 1274 words.

Goodbye for now peeps.

Please enjoy!

-West

Link turned the heat up a notch and glanced worriedly at the passenger sitting next to him, "are you still cold?"

Zelda, who was bundled up in coat and mittens, nodded through the blue scarf wrapped around her.

Link sighed and turned it up some more, "I'm sorry to say that it's going to get a lot worse once we get to the park."

"I'm going to make snow angles!" Aryll yelled from the backseat.

"Nah! Let's have a snowball fight!" Tetra suggested.

Zelda glanced at Link before peering at the two girls behind her, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not Zelda?" Tetra asked smugly.

"Because if Link gets involved, it might not end well for some of us." She grinned over at her boyfriend.

Link shrugged and smiled, "I wouldn't mind having a snowball fight..."

"You don't want to mess Link when he has snowballs," Aryll told her friend, "he hit me in the face with a football once." Though she had tried to whisper, it was clearly audible to everyone in the car.

"That was an accident!" Link quickly said, "I wouldn't do that on purpose!"

Aryll continued to try and whisper, "imagine if it were a compact ball of ice."

Tetra smirked at the back of Link's head, "I bet he can't catch me."

Link caught Zelda's eye and winked with a smile. Zelda just laughed and looked back out the window.

It had been a week since Thanksgiving, and the snow had already claimed its territory to prepare for the upcoming holiday. Most of the fall leaves had fallen from the trees and piled up near the street curbs, damp with snow water.

It really was an amazing sight. Link had purposefully taken the long route to the park so they could see more of the snow. He also tried to drive longer to warm Zelda up as much as he could.

Finally they arrived at the park. The same park, where weeks before Tetra and Aryll had abandoned their siblings in an attempt to bring them together.

Somehow they had completely succeeded. Link often wondered how they could have done such a thing; after all, they were not completely obedient kids. What other kind of potential did they have?

Link parked the car and quickly got out, "don't open your door yet!"

Zelda enjoyed her last moments of the heater before Link opened up her door. Thanking him she stepped out of the car and immediately latched to his arm in an attempt to gain warmth.