Peeking Out the Window (6)

Hi peeps!

Sorry the update is a day late...I started school got really distracted with a book. And I hate the book so much now that I finished it. It was terrible. I wish that I had just looked up the ending before I started it so I didn't have to go through the pain of a terrible ending...

Though I'm eventually going to write an alternative ending for it just so I'll be able to sleep again. ANYWAYS thanks for somehow finding this story and choosing to read it even though it's not the best material out there.

I'm thinking about putting a journal type thing on here as well as on my original works account because I guess that's normal and I can rant about stuff easier over there were I'm not annoying anyone.

Anyways I would enjoy it if you gave out a vote or decided to give me any comments, concerns, critiques, corny jokes, comedic observations and colloquialisms.

And of course the rights of the characters I use go to Nintendo and the rights of plot go to me. Por favor please don't post anything I write anywhere else.

Very sorry for long author's note. The word count for today's chapter is 2249 word's excluding the author's notes.

Please enjoy!

-West

Link clocked into work slightly happier than normal. Well, normal for him, was unhappy.

So far, only his grandmother and Aryll could make Link remotely happy. But for some reason after his small walk with Zelda he had felt a sudden lift off of his shoulders.

He hadn't completely told her about why he was supporting Aryll, but even just mentioning that he had a burden that he didn't like living with to someone outside his family made him feel better about it.

Link smiled at nowhere in particular, I'm glad we went on that walk.

"Oh Liiiiiink!"

Good grief it's Malon. She's probably going to ask me if today works for a date. I guess I've put her off long enough.

Link turned around and faked a friendly smile, "hey there, Malon."

"Hi Link! Do you know if today would be a good day for us to go on that date?"

"Uh...I guess so..." Let the pain commence...

"Oh great!" Malon said enthusiastically, "should I pick you up?"

"I mean...sure?" Why did I say yes to this again?

"Great! Does dinner at Telma's sound good? And maybe a walk around Town Square?"

"Um...why not?" What was the purpose of dating again? Link already knew that he didn't like her. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try...

"Awesome! I'll come get you at six!"

"Uh...okay."

Malon ran off skipping merrily. Once she was out of earshot Link sighed; the one day he was feeling less depressed, this had to happen.

Link continued his work, doing his best to avoid the girls, especially Illia. If she were to ask him out again today too it might be weird.

Now more depressed than ever he drove back home in order to get home back in time for Zelda and Tetra to arrive at his house.

"How was work big brother?" Aryll asked when Link walked through the garage door and into the house.

Link just groaned and flopped onto the couch.