9 Rebellious

"Where do you want to go for our honeymoon?" Louis asked me as we sat at the dining room table. A few guards stood at attention along the wall.

"There won't be a honeymoon." I answered simply.

"Pick somewhere." He demanded.

I set down my fork, turning my eyes from my pancakes to Louis' expectant stare. "No."

His fist clenched around his glass of apple juice and I jumped when the glass shattered in his hand.

"Fûck." He mumbled, wiping a spot of blood from is hand while a maid came and wiped up the mess. "Listen, Aria. If you disobey me another time I'm going to-"

"I'm sorry, but I won't play your game. I will be rescued before your little marriage plans can happen. I'm sure every spare palace guard is looking for me." I spoke up boldly.

"Boo hoo. They'll never find this mansion and you're going to spend the rest of your life with me so get used to the idea before I lose my temper." Louis snapped, pushing the maid away as she tried to clean the glass up.

"Why would you want that? You don't know me at all. I don't understand why you'd want to marry me." I shook my head, my appetite gone.

"I want to be king and the best way there is through you. You're entertaining wit and pretty body is just an added bonus which I will gladly take advantage of." He smirked, but it was a dangerous smirk.

My breath caught as I registered his meaning. "Well...you know there will be very simple ways in getting rid of you. I could simply divorce you. Or if you kill my parents you'd be put to death no matter if you marry me or not."

"Trust me darling I've thought of everything and there are simple solutions to every problem." He pointed to my plate. "Eat."

"You can't force me to say 'I do.'" I pressed.

"No...but I can make you fall in love with me." His eyes lit up with mischief.

Staring at him in disbelief, I scoffed. "There is no way that I would fall..."

Louis quickly moved forward, leaning close to my face and he grabbed my hands when I tried to push him away. He made me hold still as I moved my head back, trying to get away from him. His mouth was uncomfortably close to my own and I felt his breath tickle my skin. I gulped, not knowing what to do.

His clear blue eyes stared into mine and then down to my lips, repeating the action several times before he spoke. "You will. I just have to learn what you like."

"I like kindness and respect." I whispered, my voice shaking.

He raised a mocking unconvinced eyebrow. "Hm. I kind of got the message that you like rough and dominance."

When I gave him a horrified look he chuckled and moved away, letting my arms go. He sat back in his chair and took a bite of his scrambled eggs before watching me curiously.

"I suppose I'll actually have to learn how to be a husband. It is, after all, the present game I'm playing. So, maybe you can help me out. How are husbands suppose to act?" He asked me genuinely and wolfed down a giant forkful of pancakes.

He was unbelievable, but I decided if he really wanted to know how he was suppose to act, I could make him treat me better. I cleared my throat, resting my hands in my lap.

"First of all, husbands should never threaten their wives." I said.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes dramatically. "How would I ever get you to behave?"

"By treating me with the same respect you expect from me!" I snapped, annoyed with him. "And second of all, I'm not just some slave for you to order around. You and me, we're equals. If anything, you should bow down to me because I'm your princess."