51 Undercover

I was in my spacious closet changing into my nightgown when I realized I wasn't hearing Susan and Gigi's voices anymore. Normally they never shut up as they helped me get ready for bed. As I unsnapped my bra, I heard something behind me. Expecting it to simply be one of my lady's maids, I glanced back.

I panicked at the sight of Silas standing in my closet doorway. Scrambling for the dress I wore today, I quickly held it against me to cover my naked chest. All I was wearing were my panties.

"What the hell, Silas? Get out of here!" I exclaimed, pointing to the door.

Rather than leaving, he took a couple steps further inside the closet and looked around at all my clothes and accessories. "I think I'll stay for a minute. We have things to discuss."

"You aren't allowed in my room! This is extremely inappropriate. I'm not even dressed! Get out." I demanded again, worried about his intentions. "How'd you get past Felix? Where are Susan and Gigi?"

I felt sickeningly vulnerable having this arrogant prince waltzing around my closet like he owned the place while I was basically naked. He was between me and the door so I couldn't make a break for it.

"Oh they were suddenly called down to the kitchen." He said casually. "We're alone for the time being."

"Will you at least let me get dressed?" I scowled at him, worry filling me at the thought of being completely alone with him again.

He glanced at me, giving my indecently dressed body a long look. "Go ahead."

When it was clear he wasn't going to let me change in peace, I frowned. "Some privacy would be nice."

"Its not like I'm not going to see more pretty soon, sweet cheeks. Better get used to it." He said with a smirk.

"What do you want, Silas?" I grumbled, hoping to just get this conversation over with so he'd leave me alone.

"You tried to outsmart me today by having your little guard dog protect you. It won't work, honey. I'll always win. If I want to talk to you, you have to listen to me. Because of that little stunt, I'm gonna have to punish Louis for it." He said.

"Silas!" I exclaimed.

"Unless you'd rather...take the punishment yourself." He cocked his head while his lips curled into an evil smirk.

Dread filled me instantly at the thought of what he had in mind. I was nearly naked and with Louis on the line he could make me do almost anything. I didn't know how to respond, so I just stood there staring in horror.

He laughed at my reaction and shook his head. "I'm kidding. Obviously hurting Louis is the worst thing I could do to you. Even though I'd love to take you over my knee, there's plenty of time for that after that băstard is executed."

I was still speechless, unable to respond to the things he was saying.

"So, just so it's clear. If I want to talk to you privately, you'll let me. Louis will pay if you don't. Got it?" He said.

I nodded, tears filling my eyes. I didn't know what to do. All I wanted to do was launch myself at him and punch his lights out, but I couldn't without endangering Louis. Yet he was going to be hurt again anyway.

"Please don't do this." I whispered.

"This is your fault. It's all on you. You can blame yourself that Louis is about to be brutally beaten." He shot back and dialed a number on his phone.

"No!" I rushed toward him and reached for the phone, but he held it out of reach and gripped my dress which was hiding my nakedness.

He didn't try to take it away. He simply held it in warning, to make it clear that if I tried anything, he would wrench it away from me. My hands clutched the fabric, fearful that he would take it. He held the phone to his ear.