29 Rooftop Confessions

"I want to show you something." Louis found me in the usual sitting room watching the Prince Silas channel. "Why are you watching this shît?"

"It makes me laugh." I shrugged as Louis walked toward me and eyed the TV.

"He's just a spoiled little prince with a horrible way with women." Louis frowned at the screen with disdain.

I smiled. "But that's what makes it entertaining. How can someone be so bad with girls? He makes all the wrong choices."

Louis crossed his arms. "I hope you don't compare me to him."

His immediate thought was that I might compare him to Silas. That notion amused me. So Louis was a bit insecure?

"I hadn't thought of that. But now that you mention it, you two do have a lot of similarities." I teased, pleased when Louis took the bait.

"Excuse you, sweetheart. He's a dîckhead. He's spoiled and cocky and gets whatever he wants even when it comes to women, just because his kingdom is more powerful than most around it." Louis tried to defend himself.

"Wow, sounds a lot like you actually." I goaded him on and he marched over and knelt on the couch beside me, looking down in annoyance.

"Take it back." He demanded, finally spotting the smirk I had been trying to hide. He realized I was just playing with him.

"Uh, no." I shook my head and turned my attention back to the show.

"Take it back now, love. You'll be sorry." He warned, a little smile sneaking across his lips. And then his hands darted toward me, tickling my sides.

"No!" I squealed, grasping at his hands, but he was much stronger and continued tickling me. I burst into laughter because I couldn't help it as I tried to get him to stop.

His hands relentlessly grabbed at my sides until I began flailing around to get away from him. But in my desperation, I found my body sliding down and was in an awkward position slightly under him. He didn't seem to notice the situation though, he was simply laughing at my antics. So I jerked to the side, falling off the couch onto the carpet. Then I scrambled up, darting away as he jumped up from the couch to follow me.

"You haven't taken it back yet, so I'm not stopping." He warned with a big smile on his face as he lunged for me.

I made it to the door, but so did he and his fingers dug into my sides, eliciting another burst of laughter from me. I yanked the door open and ran out into the hall with him not letting up. Squealing, I clutched his hands desperately as I tried to get him off me.

"Take it back, Aria."

"No!" I laughed and turned to run down the hall, but Felix was standing there.

I gasped and gripped Louis' wrists, digging my nails into his skin to get him to stop. He briefly paused in surprise at the pain I was causing him.

"Louis, please." I murmured, embarrassed to be caught.

When Louis realized what had happened after seeing Felix, he took his hands off me and ceased fooling around. Felix was watching with a look of disappointment. I wanted to bury myself in a hole. What was he thinking of me? He would never understand. Would I?

I hurried away down the hall, knowing Louis was following. Something always reminded me of my situation and how I shouldn't like Louis. But whenever we were alone...things were different.

"Aria, I apologize if I made you uncomfortable." He said, catching up to me.

"It's okay it's not you it's just...I don't really know." I sighed in frustration. I was so tired of all of these mixed and conflicting feelings floating around inside me.