10 Hot Tub

As I slid off the examination chair in the doctor's wing after my second hair removal checkup, I straightened my dress and avoided Quinn's gaze. It was entirely embarrassing having her look at my most private area.

I was completely hairless again and without panties, because Louis had stolen all of them. It was like he was trying to make a statement—he had power over me.

I wore nothing but dresses, as that was the fashion of the age, so I was constantly worried of flashing people. In the year 2218 in my precious kingdom of Verdelle, women had begun dressing more femininely again.

Exiting the examination room with Quinn behind me, I stopped abruptly when I came face to face with Louis himself. He was wearing a striking deep blue suit that shimmered in the light. He peered at me, letting his eyes drift all the way down my figure.

"There you are. I wanted to invite you to enjoy my hot tub with me tonight." He said expectantly.

"I'd rather stay in tonight actually, thank you." I replied.

"It wasn't an option." Quinn whispered behind me.

"You'll come anyway. Quinn will escort you so be ready at 10 o'clock." He said and then left swiftly.

"I wish he'd let me choose what I want. I hate how he thinks he can control me." I mumbled, walking down the hallway with Quinn beside me. I had to be chaperoned everywhere I went so I wouldn't try escaping again.

"He can control you." She pointed out.

"I'm the Princess. He shouldn't treat me like this. I've never been one to demand respect and obedience from my subjects, but he is just plain rude and disrespectful." I said more to myself than to her.

"I get it. He kidnapped you, and you want to go home. But take it from me, you ought to try accepting the fact that you can't leave. He would never let that happen." She told me seriously as we entered the part of the mansion where my room was.

"Why are you helping him? Don't you realize you're also breaking the law by keeping me here? When my father finds me, he'll have everyone in this place brought to justice, including you." I said.

She smiled sadly as we neared my door. "You're not the only one who was brought here by force."

Hesitating, I looked at her in a new light. I wanted to ask her if she was kidnapped as well, but I wasn't sure how.

Quinn opened my door for me and led us inside. "I've worked for him for almost eight years. He kidnapped me when I was fourteen years old and made me do things for him. He was eighteen when he did it."

I nodded slowly, dismayed that she hadn't been able to escape in all that time. Would I be trapped here that long as well? Would my father even find me?

"Do you still try to escape?" I asked curiously.

"Not anymore. I've grown used to living here under his command. It's quite nice at times. I've even started to..." She quickly looked at me nervously. "Never mind."

"What? I won't tell anyone. You're the nicest person here." I assured her, touching her arm.

She shyly shrugged and looked at the floor. "I've started to like him."

"Louis?" I asked in shock.

"He's not so bad when you get to know him, and he's so beautiful. But I know nothing could ever happen between us because he's after you. And that's okay, I'll find somebody else." She confessed in a whisper so no one would hear.

"You can have him. I don't want him." I laughed to lift the mood.

"But you're gonna have to marry him. So I'll find someone different." She assured me, grinning back.

The King's DaughterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara