42 Fleeing The Mansion

• Aria's POV •

"I know, I know. Just make it happen dammit Harry!" Louis yelled into his phone before throwing it beside him on the bed with a great huff.

I had just walked into the bedroom for the night and heard the last bit of his heated conversation. He was extremely stressed, even more so than the other night when we had made love. Hesitantly, I stepped further into the room and he noticed me.

"Anything I can do to help?" I asked quietly.

Sighing, he shook his head and scowled. "Not unless you can see the future."

"I can't, unfortunately..." I murmured, wondering how I could help him relax.

He leaned forward and began unbuttoning his shirt. "Undress and come to bed."

Louis flicked the lamp off as I pulled my dress over my head and went to his bureau. I took out one of his jumpers and slipped it on because I knew he liked me in his clothes. Crawling into bed next to him, I scooted close and kissed his cheek lightly. He hardly reacted.

"Louis." I whispered in the dark.

"Hm." He was staring unblinking at the ceiling.

"Don't worry so much." I said.

"I can't help it. Everything's about to change." He replied.

I reached over and brushed his soft hair out of his eyes. "It'll be okay."

Louis inhaled deeply and turned to face me with a frown. "You shouldn't be the one trying to comfort me."

"But I want to comfort you. I like you better when you're happy." I said softly, resting on my elbow as I continued to play with his hair.

"I just don't want to lose you." His voice cracked.

Even in the dark, I noticed his eyes seemed to sparkle with tears that he refused to let fall. He never cried.

"You're not going to lose me, don't be silly." I said.

"I could...and if I do, I'll have nothing to live for anymore without you. I want nothing to do with the life I led before you. I'm just...I'll be lost without you." He confessed emotionally.

Leaning over him, I kissed his lips. "Don't worry so much, Louis. Please."

He didn't seem comforted and rolled onto his side to face me. His fingers gently trailed down my cheek as he gazed at me in silence. He didn't say anything else, simply stared at me as if to memorize me, and then pulled me close so we could sleep.

It seemed as though I had just dozed off when I was jolted awake by the deafening security alarm blaring through the room. I jolted upright as did Louis. The room was suddenly flooded with a blinding light from outside and it was obvious it must have been a helicopter by the loud sound of propellers.

Louis leaped from the bed instantly, but I was still confused from sleep. A loud speaker coming from the helicopter began speaking saying:

"Exit the house with your hands in the air, we have you surrounded."

It was happening. The Royal Guard had found us.

"Aria, come!" Louis commanded, yanking a pair of trousers up his hips.

I quickly got off the bed and rushed toward him. He pulled a hoodie over his head and then grabbed my hand, pulling me out into the hall. Felix was there as usual, but he grabbed my arm tightly.

"Let go of her!" Louis shouted, trying to pull me away from my bodyguard.

However, he insisted I stay and wouldn't let go.