23 Everyone's Afraid of Something

• Louis' POV •

From the moment I woke up in the morning, I recalled last night and how it hadn't gone how I thought it would. Aria was still sleeping on the very edge of the bed facing away from me. She had untangled herself from me at some point during the night.

I wanted to hold her again, but I decided I'd let her sleep. Unfortunately I sort of traumatized her. Everything was going so smoothly—she was letting me kiss her and she even put her hands on my chest. I thought she was getting into it. She didn't stop me even when I laid her on the bed. It was only when I pressed my horniness against her womanhood that she panicked and vocalized her desire for me to stop. I'd been completely turned off at that point and sorely disappointed. I had no idea she had been feeling that way.

Sitting up in bed, I tried to peek over her shoulder to see her sleeping face. But I couldn't without waking her so I carefully got off the bed and walked around it to her side. My chest grew warm at seeing her closed eyes, relaxed lips, and her messy red hair sprawled everywhere. She looked so innocent and vulnerable—like an angel. Six months ago I hadn't cared for redheads. I always preferred the darker women like Quinn, but now...

When I heard footsteps walking past my door I suddenly tensed up, remembering what my father had told me. He had pretty much demanded that I claim her last night; but I hadn't gone through with it. I could simply lie if he brings it up, although he'd most likely somehow find out. Or I could just be confident in my leadership and tell him to fùck off. I rubbed my temples, already feeling stressed out.

The bed sheets stirred and I looked over at Aria as she sighed and stretched her arms. She opened her eyes and spotted me, her face showing confusion, and then quickly turning red. She sat up and looked away.

Oh right. I was only wearing boxers.

"Nothing...happened right?" She asked, her voice scratchy.

"You don't remember?" I asked, moving toward her.

"After we laid down and I fell asleep. Nothing else happened right?" She seemed worried for some reason.

"No. We just slept." I was confused at what she was getting at.

"Okay." She slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom.

Frowning, I hoped she didn't think I would do something to her while she was unconscious. I may have a monster inside of me, but I had limits to how much of the monster I let out...even if I didn't let anybody know about that fact.

After putting on fresh clothes—a crisp blue button up and black trousers—I waited for her to come back out. She came out for a second only to fetch herself a dress and then she disappeared again, avoiding me altogether. Honestly, I didn't know how to deal with her. Under normal circumstances with anyone else, I would simply demand good behavior and administer punishment if I didn't get what I wanted. But with her...my wife...I needed to be kind. Fùck. Just the thought of being kind made me start to sweat.

As Aria came back out into our bedroom, I stepped up to her. She'd put on a little makeup to conceal how tired she looked.

"Breakfast?" Was all I could manage to think of to say.

She avoided my gaze and shrugged. "I'm... not very hungry."

"We'll wait then." I decided and she seemed disappointed with my statement.

"I was thinking...maybe I could go see Quinn." She murmured.

"Alright, we can do that. " I nodded and touched her arm to guide her to the door.