Pet

Imagine, one day you find a dog and take it home in secret.

Age: 15-16

Your heart was beating loudly as you jogged down the street back to the bunker.  Your headphones blared your music as you slowly stopped to take a drink of your water bottle.  You pulled your headphones out and stood in the middle of the road.  

That's when you heard a small rustle on your left.  You turned to see what it was, but all you saw was a bush.  You stepped towards it, pulling out your knife.  The noise got louder the closer you got.  You stepped to the bush, slowly pulling it back as you suspiciously looked around. 

"Hello?"  You called.  The noise got closer and louder, as if it was right in front of you.  But you didn't see anything.  

That's when you heard a small sound come from below you.  You shot your knife towards it as the creature slowly appeared.  

A dog?  

It was a puppy, and from what you could tell, it was an Australian shepherd,  and it was hurt.  You squatted down and put your knife away.  

"Aw, hey there little guy."  You held your hand out for it to sniff, but it stayed a few feet away.  You clicked your tongue.  "C'mere little guy.  It's okay."  You encouraged it.  

It cautiously limped over to you, holding up it's left paw.  It came up to you and you stroked it's back.  It wagged its tail, realizing you were safe and nice.  You touched it's paw, but as you did it yelped in pain.  

You pulled back and looked at your hand and saw blood.  You looked at it's brown and blue eyes and saw that this was really recent and painful.  You held your hand out again. 

"C'mon I'll take you home and we can get you patched up."  It limped over to you as you slowly and carefully picked it up.  You smiled as it willingly went into your arms. 

When you got back to the bunker, you cautiously opened the door.  You knew that your brothers wouldn't be mad, but dean would never approve.  You weren't one hundred percent sure about Sam, you think that he'd want it, but dean would over rule both of you. 

"Dean?  Sam?"  You called.  No response.  You breathed a sigh of relief and slowly went down the stairs, carefully holding the puppy.  As you got to your room, you sat it down on the ground and went in search for some bandages.  

You found some, and turned around, only to see that it was gone.  

"Pup?"  You called.  You heard a small yip in response.  You walked out of your room and saw it in the kitchen, scratching the fridge.  "Are you hungry?"  You asked.  "I don't think we have any dog food.  But we might have some meat."  You opened the fridge and saw some ham on a shelf.  You pulled out a piece and tore it up and laid a few pieces in front of it.  

It wagged its tail, patiently waiting for it's food.  You watched as it scarfed up the meat off the ground.  

"Dog's can have ham right?"  You asked yourself.  You shrugged and squatted down and gently grabbed it's paw.  You had a wet cloth to wipe the blood off, and a bandage to help it heal.  It resisted for a second, but it finally stopped after you started wrapping the bandage on it's paw.  

Finally it could stand on all fours.  It wagged its tail and ran around playfully barking.  You smiled and laughed a little.  

"Do you wanna play?"  You asked.  It got into a playing pose as it's tail wagged aggressively.  You smiled and ran to grab some rope to play tug of war.  

After about 20 minutes of playing, you finally had to stop when you heard the bunker door open.  You flipped your head around and grabbed the puppy and ran to your room.