Storm

Imagine, you have a fear of thunderstorms.

Age: 3

Astraphobia, is an abnormal fear of thunder and lightning.

Everyone is afraid of something. Whether it's clowns, spiders, heights, the dark, or even ventriloquist dummies. Everyone has some kind of fear.

For you, it was thunder storms.

Ever since you were a kid, thunderstorms have never been your friend. Maybe it's normal for little kids to be afraid of them, maybe it's happened too often to be considered a phobia for small children.

But not you. You couldn't stand them.

Your first thunderstorm was when your brothers had a case in florida. It had been a long drive, specifically 8 hours, and driving for eight hours with a one year old kid wasn't completely ideal.

The thunderstorm went on for about four hours, and the entire time you were sobbing and screaming in Dean and Sam's arms. They thought that it would be easier to soothe a sobbing child then it actually was, and it didn't help since you didn't exactly know them very well yet.

Your "brothers" found you during a case. A couple of witches were trying to cast a spell that would get all of the people in the city to follow their orders, kind of starting a zombie apocalypse sort of thing. The spell wasn't very complicated, but it did require a pure heart. A heart that has done no wrong. And the purest heart they could think of was a small child's heart. They killed the witches, destroyed and erased the spell, but the one thing they couldn't exactly destroy was you.

The witches killed your parents, knowing they'd try to fight back to get you. You had nowhere to go, so taking you to the police station was the next option. You were only a year old, you were an orphan, and now you were about to live in foster care for who knows how long. Dean was apparently thinking the same thing when they took you back to the motel they were staying at. The police station was closed, so they couldn't take you there, and that's how you ended up staying with them for the night.

After Sam had gone to bed, it was you and Dean who were still awake. Dean was working on a case, while you were sitting next to him with a notebook and a pen, scribbling all over a piece of paper. It had gotten boring after ten minutes, since you didn't really care for doing the same thing for too long, and you eventually wandered off to his duffel bag to explore the contents inside of it.

You saw clothes, mostly, but you also saw a brightly colored piece of clothing, making you pull it out and put your arms into the sleeves of the bright red flannel. Your hands were barely at the elbows of the sleeves, but it was soft, and it smelled good.

Dean heard you giggling from behind him, and he turned around to see you playing with his red flannel. He smiled softly and noticed how happy you were to have something warm and soft around you. He put you to bed not too long after and decided to let you keep the flannel that was around you. Dean put you in bed (Which was surrounded with pillows so you wouldn't fall off in the middle of the night) and he took the couch. But around midnight or so, you got out of the bed, still wrapped in his flannel, and climbed onto the couch to lay yourself on top of Deans chest.

Dean didn't wake up until another two hours had passed, but once he did, he noticed you fast asleep on top of him. You were snoring softly, wrapped in a bundle with the flannel around you, snuggled up against him so you could listen to his heartbeat.

And that, ladies, gentlemen, and non binary friends, was the moment Dean Winchester fell in love with you.

It took a lot of convincing and arguing to get Sam to want to take you with them. Of course he'd love for you to be apart of their family, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they wouldn't be able to live with themselves if you ever got hurt. Dean was able to convince him though, after a long while. An hour later you were in the back seat of a 1967 chevy impala with your new family.