Chapter Two: The Game Must Go On

Y/N's POV

The game was currently tied, we had like 20 minutes left in the game. My heart was pounding so hard now. I was playing midfield instead of defense, and I was offense earlier. I can play any position really. I was so out of breath though. It was hot, I was just so tired. Suddenly the ball was at my feet, I dribbled around the same guy who took the corner kick, I'm pretty certain he was Josh. I ran down the line and crossed it in, but it deflected off of somebody else. This meant a corner kick. Chris runs over to take the kick. A guy who I was pretty certain was Manny ran over to mark me up, we pushed back and forth a little until the ball was lifted in the air, this was the most perfect corner ever, the ball came closer and closer to my face, in the inside I was freaking out, but my body took over. The ball landed on my forehead, and I flicked it into a goal. I got a header goal...it was 10 minutes now. The whole team surrounds me, pretty much picking me up from the ground, the crowd went nuts, I think this was the most crazy i've ever seen it. The whole team was cheering and smiling like they've never seen a goal before. This all didn't feel like it was happening, this couldn't be real. I was running back to my side when Simon suddenly held out his hand for a high-five. He's been so close to a goal, and I could tell he really wanted one. I wanted nothing more than to let him have it, but I couldn't do it. He just seems like that kind of guy who wants to earn it, not be given it. "Y/N want to switch?" I look back to see Chris, he was defiantly more comfortable in the mid-field position, it made a lot of sense for us to switch. I was extremely tired, so i'm kinda glad he asked. I ran back into his current position, and he ran to mine.,Simon kicked off, and sprinted for the net, they were doing something here. I chased on after him, Charlie on their team booted the ball super far, but not far enough for it to be smart for the goalie to come out. Me and Simon were now at a footrace. We were dead even, my entire body begged to just stop. The wind hit my face hard, the nice sunny day was starting to get colder. He settled the ball easily, but that stalled him. He did a move and got passed me, but I ran faster than I ever had before. He took a shot, but my foot deflected it before it could be affective. The ball went out of bounds. Simon snickers happily, "I see why they let you on the team." He holds up his hand for a high-five, but held it way to high for me to reach, I had to jump to get it. I giggled as we got into positions. I marked the Ethan guy this time. The ball whizzed into the air, at both of our head leangths, just a little easier for him. We both jumped in the air at the same time, but he was a lot bigger of a person then I was, his body knocked into mine, my head slammed into the post, I fell to the ground.

Simon's POV

The ball strikes the back of the net, it was a perfect header. There was an eruption of cheers, but it suddenly died. Everyone started to crowd something, medics ran onto the field. Their face was panicked, something went wrong....someone must of been really hurt. I pushed passed gently to see what was happening. Everyone here loved everyone, even if we were enemies. On the ground laid a small girl, blood stained her hands that covered her face. Y/N. "Move out of the way!" Everyone backed up, everyone but me. My feet refused to move, she was so nervous about doing this. Her H/C hair shined under the lights, but the blood seemed to shine brighter than anything else in the room. I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Come on Simon." The voice was obviously Josh. I nodded taking a deep breath. I felt like I was going to cry, but not even tears filled my eyes. I didn't even know this person. It was just a little blood anyway. Josh's hand was gentle, he backed me up to where the rest of the guys surrounded. Camera people ran on field, trying to record this. The medics gently removed her hands from her face, her face was stained with tears and blood. They mixed together, she looked more sad than hurt.

Y/N's POV

I felt light-headed and dizzy, but everything was still in focus. I could hear the medics talking to me, I could see them around me, but I couldn't. I felt so embarrassed, I felt everyone staring at me without even having to look around. I felt the tears fall from my eyes, I looked down at my hands, stained red. I felt nauseous from seeing the blood, but I think it was mostly how embarrassed I was. I looked around, seeing my teammates, and the other team. Everyone had worried looks on their faces, but the ones who popped out the most was Simons. Simon's eyes were a dull blue, a sad blue. I just wanted to get off this stupid field. I looked at the scoreboard, which had only a couple minutes left. And then it was going to go into the hurt time. I just wanted to get off this stupid field. They were patching up my head. "Can we place get off the field..." I said softly, it was almost like a plead, I was crying so hard. Their was two medics. One ran off to grab something. The other guy wrapped my arm around his shoulder. Simon quickly ran over to grab my other arm. "N-No go play in the game." I said softly. Tears still fell down my cheeks. He gave me a sad smile, "It's okay." I didn't dare to put any of my weight on them. I felt dizzy. "Don't be tense." He said softly, "Relax. It's okay we got you." I relaxed a little more. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath, sending a sharp chill down my throat, it was like someone was poking tiny needles. The crowd was clapping for me getting up, but no one was cheering. The mood shifted, because of me. I could feel the tension in the air. We went into the Youtube Allstars lockeroom. The medic sat me down on a bench. They looked at Simon, let us know if anything happens. I need to go get paperworks." Simon nods and the man runs off. I felt nauseous, there was no way that just happened. I let a goal go in, I got hurt, I delayed the game, everyone stared at me. I could tell that guy felt terrible. I embarrassed myself in front of thousands of people. I gripped my stomach and ran to the sink. "D-Don't stand u-" I was already gripping onto the sink. I was breathing heavy. My hair was barely in a ponytail anymore. It suddenly came in a rush. I puked. I shivered like I was cold. I gripped the sink harder. I felt a hand on my back gently rubbing it. I closed my eyes with my head still over the sink. I felt even more embarrassed, and now gross on top of that. I felt goosebumps on my skin, but I wasn't even cold, but I was super cold at the same time. "I-I" I tried speaking but nothing would come out. "It's okay." He said softly. He was still rubbing my back still, wasn't he grossed out? Weird out? His voice was smooth and soft, like it could put anyone to sleep. I felt my hands shake, soon my hole body was, but it was mostly my hands. "H-Hey...here." He says softly. He leads me back over to the bench. He lays my body gently on his chest. I could feel his heart pounding super hard, but he acted so calm. His arm was wrapped around me comforting. I was shaking less. I felt like a hot cold. "Wh-Why are you doing this?" I questioned softly. "You barely even know me..." He sighs, "I can tell what a great person you are. I just felt like I had to." I scrunched my face, "B-But you're missing the game!" He snickers with a slight smile, I could feel a smile come to my face as well, "Does it look like I care?! This is a lot more important." I shook my head, instantly regretting it. "Careful." He said softly. He just made the pain disappear. His smile melted my heart, and all I could focus was him. Just...him.