Thirty Seven: One Month

Y/N's POV

Today was our one month anniversary, I felt my hands shaking as I held onto my phone. I looked down at my outfit, I was wearing a leeds shirt that Simon gave to me, dark jeans and healed boots.

Y/N: Hey babe. Get into your leeds gear and meet me by the door, I'll be waiting...

I looked at the text, it was read, but he never replied. I headed down the stairs, waiting out front with a little elephant stuffed animal behind my back. I looked around the corner, seeing Josh giving me a thumbs up, I smiled back at him, then heard the sound of steps coming towards me. I quickly looked away. Simon was there wearing a leeds shirt, some sweatpants and sneakers. I giggled and my face lit up as I saw him holding flowers. When he saw me, he had a confused look on his face, but handed me the flowers. "Happy one month." He plants a kiss on my cheek, then lifts his eyebrows at me expediently. He looks at my arms, seeing I'm holding something behind my back. I reveal the little elephant, "TADA!!!" I giggled happily as I gave him the stuffed animal. His face lit up as he laugh, "You're such a dork. I love it." He wraps his arms around me, hugging me tightly. I burred my head in his chest, taking in the scent of his cologne. He smelled amazing. "I have one more surprise up my sleeve..." My voice lingered on as I brought him to the car, and he sat in the passenger side seat, staring out the window as we drove.

Simon's POV

I couldn't help but smile the whole way there. The truth was I already knew what Y/N was bringing me too. I was planning on going to this game, before I had laser eye surgery. I was still wearing my glasses, I didn't want to risk it, I was still light sensitive. I talked to Josh yesterday, asking if I should take her somewhere, I was actually planning on taking her out to dinner, I know only one month wasn't long, but I wanted to make her feel special. He immediately freaked out, saying I shouldn't. I chucked to myself, Josh could be an idiot sometimes. He must of helped her plan this. It wouldn't surprise me. After awhile of talking and listening to music she said, "We're here!" And sure enough, we were at the leeds game. A smile spread across my face as I put on a shocked face, I didn't have the heart to tell her I already knew. She seemed so excited that she brought me here. Even if I didn't already know about this game though, her telling me to wear a leeds shirt was pretty suspicious. She hops out of the car and we get in line, she passes me a ticket. I looked down at her hand, all I wanted to do was hold it, to wrap my arms around her and kiss her, but we were in public, we couldn't be romantic, not yet. I wanted to announce to everyone we were dating, I wanted the world to know I was hers, but we couldn't. I didn't think we were going to break up, but I was also afraid of how people would react to it, the comments were getting better, people were accepting her as part of our gang now, and most people love her, but it's hard seeing a fair amount of hate. I get a lot of hate comments too, but it was just differnet with her, I felt like hers were a little more than usual, I guess because she's so trusting of everyone, and people like to use that to their advantage. "I can't believe were here..." I whispered as we sat in our seats. She was beaming as she looked crossed the stadium. All I wanted to was kiss her...we watched the game, and it was magical, but I could barely watch the game, I was only watching her. The way her face lit up as she watched the game, smiling and giggling. I grabbed my coat, laying it across the two of us, then grabbing her hand underneath the jacket, she gives me a small smile, squeezing my hand and returns her eyes to the game. In that moment, I realized I couldn't do this anymore, I couldn't keep this a secret.

Leaving the game many fans saw us, wanting us to take photos, we had a great time talking and hanging out with everyone, getting a couple of people saying how much that they ship us. Y/N would just blush every single time. Finally we were in the car, heading back home. Y/N was raving about the game the entire time, but all I could focus on was her, "Simon? Are you okay? You seem kind of distant..." I snapped out of my trance quickly, "Yeah...I'm fine." I said with the biggest grin on my face, truth was I was way more than fine, I was completely and utterly happy. Happy with her.