Chapter Thirteen: Living Life on the Edge

Simon's POV

I laid in bed, I couldn't help thinking about Y/N. This wasn't fair. There was no way I could sleep. I got up out of bed slowly and out into the hall, her light was still on. Was she awake during all of this? Without thinking, I didn't even knock, I slowly creaked open the door and peered in. I know this was invading privacy, but I just couldn't shake of the bad feeling that everything wasn't okay. I could just see a figure by the window...she was going to jump. I burst through the door, "Y/N!" I ran forwards her, startled, she slipped loosing balance and falling. I felt everything slow down, the world stopped for a moment, Y/N's hands just over the edge. If I slipped, i'd most likely fall and at least break a couple bones. I threw myself anyways, hoping to lock my legs with the ledge. Luckily, I was super tall. I locked my legs in, even though one movement and i'd fall to my death, I slung myself over the window, and reached for her hand, even through the darkness I could tell she was scared, but all she let out was a yelp. Last second I grabbed her, almost pulling he forwards. I could hear her freaking out, but it was so hard to see her through the darkness, I was almost thankful for that. I let go of one hand, and reached the other for the ledge, starting to pull us up. I was already completely soaked, but I couldn't even think. Finally my feet touched the floor, I pulled her over the window, where I could finally see her face in the light. I expected tears, but all I saw was her face still in shock, like she couldn't move. She looked down, utterly confused on what just happened, she as obviously scared though. I wrapped my arms around her quickly, she didn't push me away, but she didn't hug me back. Everything felt like it was normal speed now, I felt like a total wimp, but I was totally shaking. I wanted to yell, ask what the heck she was thinking, how I was so scared that she would of gotten hurt, but we just hugged, already soaking wet from being outside less than a minute. After was seemed like an eternity, I backed up slowly, keeping my arms where her elbows are. "A-Are you mad..." She mouthed softly, not looking into my eyes. I shook my head, "Y/N I-...I don't understand. Why...?" All I could think that it wasn't an accident for falling, like that's what she wanted....but the fear in her eyes told me otherwise. She walked over to her desk, handing me a note.

Dear Sidemen

If you're reading this, then i'm probably already gone. You aren't the best of whisperers, I didn't hear everything, but I heard enough. "She's not like us. I mean isn't it slightly strange that she kinda just moved in?" I'm obviously not wanted, it's okay. I have a family I need to feed anyway at home. They raised me, I guess it's my turn to return the favor. I couldn't be more thankful for everything you guys have done for me, I could never put it into words how grateful I am. I'm sorry I overstepped my boundaries....

-Love, Y/N

I felt goose bumps crawl all over my skin, "Y/N, of course we want you here, I mean...how could we not?" I sighed, I didn't want to tell her we were considering of adding her to the Sidemen, I didn't want to get her hopes up just in case. I took a deep breath, "Do you trust me." I said sternly.

Y/N's POV

"H-Huh?" I said softly, extremely confused. "Do you trust me." He repeated with the same amount of intensity. Once eyebrow was raised as he looked down on me with his bright blue eyes, I swear I could stare at them for hours, but I was to focused on the fact I could of just broken like all the bones in my body, and if I hit my head just right, I could of died. I'm so stupid, why would I even do this...? I love them, their my family....I just...don't want them to be disappointed in me, "Simon of course I trust you it's jus-" He interrupted me, "Then trust me to know that we want you here. Okay?" He said gently. There was something he obviously wasn't telling me, "F-Fine...please...don't tell the others..." I said almost as a plead, everything just rushed to my head, like my emotions just took over, and I couldn't even listen to my brain...it was actually pretty smart, I apparently just never use it. Why are emotions so dumb..."Deal..." He whispered. He looked around, obviously not happy with me being here alone, "But we're continuing this later. Now, we're sleeping down stairs, grab some pillows and blankets." I shook my head, I really didn't need this, but he wasn't going to let me be alone, and I didn't need him any more upset. I grabbed my soft, fuzzy blue blanket and my pillow, and followed Simon to his room. He grabbed a red blanket and a red pillow, and lead me down stairs. Both of us clearly couldn't forget what just happened, and it's hard to believe that they truly want me here....but I trust Simon. That's enough...