Chapter 3

Maisie

I woke up with puffy and red eyes. I freshen up myself. And went to kitchen. I prepared breakfast. After few minutes aunt and Jenna came to the dining room and I served them. I was feeling so down today that I didn't eat my whole breakfast. I cleaned up everything and went to change. I changed into a beige color sweater with blue shirt and black jeans and sneakers.

I reached my locker when I heard Ethan - "hey babygirl, how ar-" he stopped at mid sentence when he saw my face. "Hey hey honey. What happened?? Are you not feeling well ?? Why are you so pale baby??" He asked. I weakly smiled and said I'm fine. But he and I both knew it was not true. Thankfully, he didn't pushed it. Anna was having a little fever for which she misses today's college. And which also means I was alone in most of my classes.

I went to all classes. But my mind was somewhere else. I knew yesterday, my aunt was stressed and that's why she released all her stress on me. But what was the reason?? She never get so worried before, so why now??

After college Ethan drop me to the bakery shop. Fortunately, today Bella was on time. She and I have the responsibility to open and close the shop. I wore my apron and start to work.

I was packing some orders, when someone entered the shop. I didn't pay much attention to it but when the whole area became pin drop silent, I raised my head to see who was it. I came face to face with a very, very handsome man. He wore a dark blue Armani suit. He was like a Greek god. Everyone was staring at him when he made his way to the counter, where I was standing.
"Where is the owner of this shop?" He arrogantly asked me. I blinked my eyes. "They don't really visit much. How may I help you?" I said in a low voice because he had a fearful aura around him.
He smirked and asked "What's your name little thing?". "Mai- Maisie.... Maisie Grayson",  I said while stuttering. He bend down to the counter and whispered, "Well Maisie, tell your boss that the devil is coming."

A shiver ran down my spine hearing him. He straighten up and went out. While I was watching him go away, u heard some people whispered, "what was he doing here??" "Oh god, he is more handsome in real".

But me, well I had only question in my mind -'Who was he?'.

I hurriedly called Mr. Hall, the owner, and said him about the mystery man. He sounded shocked and scared. I asked him is anything's wrong but he said everything is fine and then he hung up. Many thoughts were running through my mind but I dismissed them.

After closing the shop I went home and prepared dinner. I cleaned everything and went to my bedroom. After doing my homework, I went to bed but my mind was still thinking about the mystery man. While thinking about a grey pair of eyes, I went to deep slumber.