Chapter 14

Maisie

*Few days later
Today was our last day. Our honeymoon was over. I really loved being here with Lucifer. We talked, cooked, walked on the beach etc. He even gave me a tour of the whole island. And the main part? Yes, we made love. A lot. It seems like he never get tired.
Currently I was getting ready for our evening walk. Since it was our last, I really want it to be special. So I went downstairs and greeted Lucifer. He kissed me and took my hand.
We went outside and sat on sand. As we were talking about random things, many question came to my mind. But I decided to ask a simple one, "How old are you?" I asked him. He looked amused by my question. He slightly and sexily chuckled. "25" he answered.
I really wanted to ask him about Mr and Mrs Hall, but I know its not a good way to end such a beautiful honeymoon.
After spending the whole night making love, he finally let me rest for 2 hours.
                  ------------------------------
Lucifer went for his office. It's been 2 days since our return from our honeymoon. It seems like Amy was more excited about our honeymoon then me and Lucifer.
I was currently watering the plants in the garden. Amy told me that the gardener will do it but I refused them to do. I want to take care of my plants myself.
Suddenly, one maid came to me and handed me a envelope. It was of red colour with beautiful designs. I asked her what was it. She shrugged and said politely, "I don't know. It was in your name. But it looks like an invitation".
I thanked her and went to library, after informing Amy. At library, I picked up one of the books and sat on the lather sofa near the window. I placed the letter above the book and slowly opened it. Indeed, it was a invitation card. But the people behind the invitation shocked me.
'Mr. And Mrs Salvatore' were written beautifully. After I read the whole letter, I concluded that they are Lucifer's parents. The invitation was regarding a party tomorrow night, held for their son and daughter in law.
'They are Salvatore?? But how come, when Lucifer is Knight?? And again, they were not present in the wedding. So why held a party now? Maybe they were busy at the wedding. But what kind of people misses their own son's wedding???' Many thoughts were running on my mind but I dismissed them.
I noticed how Lucifer avoid the topic regarding his parents, so I never forced him. I was debating whether to tell him about the invitation or not.
'Will he get angry if I won't tell him? But I really don't like the angry Lucifer. Should I burn the letter. Wait, why would I do that. What if he get angry for why I opened the letter without his permission. After all, they are his parents'
After thinking very much, I conclude to tell him.
I placed the letter on the table and picked up my book. After reading it for some time, Amy called me to have my lunch.
After lunch I went to our bedroom to take a nap until Lucifer's return. I placed the letter under my pillow. I don't know why I did that, but I don't want Lucifer to find out the letter himself. I'll hand him it myself. I'll explain it. So eventually thinking about all this things, I fell asleep.