28

×

Silence. Not a pin drop was heard in the room, with Yoora wrapped in her favourite blanket, laying on her bed with a box of tissues beside her.

She allowed herself to cry and it soon turned into ugly sobbing noises.

Deciding she was better than this and there was no point in moping, she abruptly stood up, taking her blanket with her and cleaned up the mess on her bed. She went into the bathroom and turned on the sink, splashing lukewarm water into her face, hoping it'd erase the redness under her eyes. She looked at her reflection in the mirror, her bangs stuck to her wet forehead, eyes swollen and quivering lips, ''I look like a girl after a bad break up,'' she thought.

Yoora changed into something comfortable, a black oversized tee and some sweats, she started making coffee in the kitchen. She wanted to look at least a bit alive before Minji arrived from school.

''Shit, I've got to stop skipping classes,'' she muttered to herself as she pulled out a cup from the cupboard.

Yoora jumped up as a loud bang rang in her ears, it sounded like something had crashed right  behind her.

Feeling her chest tighten and her heart rise to her throat, she shakely turned around, thinking of all the possibilities, was it a murderer? Was it her stalker coming to get her when she least expected it?

She froze when she noticed Minji standing by the couch with a smile on her face, beside her on the coffee table lay a small box, a cardboard box with nothing except Yoora's name written on it in black marker.

''Fuck, that looks familiar,'' she thought as she remembered the letter on her doorstep.

Yoora's panicked expression caused Minji to look puzzled, wondering why her friend was acting so strangely.

''I have a lot of questions, Yoora,'' she said, placing her keys on the counter.

Yoora began rubbing her temples, she nearly forgot about the headache she had to endure,  cursing Jisoo in her mind as Minji took a few steps towards her.

''Firstly, why did you disappear during lunch today?'' she asked, a worried expression on her face.

Yoora gulped, trying to think of a good excuse. ''Uh, I got my period and I had no pads,'' she said.

Minji cocked an eyebrow at her, clearly disbelieving her the words that came out of her friends mouth.

''Liar, I know you had a fight with Jisoo by the cafeteria, heck the whole schools talking about it,'' she said, tapping her hand against the counter, her long fingernails bouncing off the marble surface.

Yoora rolled her eyes as she took out a jar of coffee, putting 3 spoonfuls into her cup.

''Well fuck me, why does everyone have to gossip so much in that bloody school?'' she muttered as she pouted boiling water into the cup.

Minji chuckled. ''It's always been  like that, so don't lie to me, I know everything.''

Yoora slowly turned around to face her friend, chewing on her lip as she nervously fiddled with her long fingers.

''Everything?'' she asked, her voice trembling.

Minji eyed Yoora suspiciously, ''Yeah, everything, about how Jisoo threatened you and you broke her nose on the roof,'' she said.

Yoora let out a sigh of relief, placing her hand on her chest. ''Oh, yeah, right that," she mumbled.

Minji sensed that there was more to that story or she was simply hiding something from her. But she always knew Yoora was reserved, she didn't confide in anyone, didn't like to bother anyone with her problems, she kept to herself at all times. Minji would scold her, ''Rely on me some more, would ya?" she would tell her whilst hitting her on the head with a rolled up newspaper. Yoora would laugh and promise her she'd tell her everything, and Minji smiled, knowing she was lying.