o10

xxlyraxx a chapter dedicated for you again💐

C H A P T E R
T E N

When Yuta's lips moved up to seal our lips again, something felt different.

There was something wrong with it. He tasted sweet, still. But it's wrong. Metallic. Unnerving.

When the kiss finally ended, there was nothing we can do except to catch our breaths.

I looked at him, realized what we had done, and moved away from the couch. He gently backed away to make space for me.

"I need to go," I stood up, heart pounding against my chest. "The competition's near."

Yuta stood up as well, swollen lips and tan arms illuminated by the bedside lamp, without even looking at me. "Your shoes are near the doorway."

Attempting to act natural, I strided towards the door and grabbed my shoes.

From my peripheral vision, I can make out his figure falling on his bed. He had one arm over his forehead, while the other on top of his stomach.

In that moment, I blocked all thoughts about him. Foolish me.

Then I twisted the doorknob open, moving forward to step outside. Of course, with the gloves he gave me secured in my hands.

"Bye, Yuta," I said before going. "See you tomorrow at the ceremony."

"Yeah," a pause. "Bye."

*

"Do you fancy a flower-scented bath? Or a honey-dew one?"

When I was on my way to my assigned guestroom, Ten was already waiting outside.

Our previous conversation hit me; I wondered if he knew that I almost surrendered to the storm.

He flashed me a friendly smile. I can't help but to recall the boy who was my bestfriend, although naughty, but still trust-worthy.

"L-look, I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean it, Sooji." his tone was pleading. "It's the drink."

"How are Renjun and Jeno? And where's Hendery?" I asked, trying to change the topic. I didn't want to be mad at my friend. He's the person I needed the most now.

Ten's eyes widened. "O-oh. Blue escorted them to the guestrooms. Jeena's brothers are a floor below you. And Hendery is four doors away."

"Blue?"