o48

A/n: 2nd update for tonight. Check the previous chapter if you haven't yet. :)

C H A P T E RF O R T Y - E I G H T

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - E I G H T

The velvet chairs that Ten reserved for us had one of the best views. The arrangement of the Fortrent right now was like a division of cells in a private chamber. Kind of like those old-fashioned trains that had separate compartments where passengers could sit on with their family or group of friends. The difference was, unlike the train, we're all facing the stage.

If I would compare this Fortrent's new version of seats to a train, it's limited for five passengers each.

However, the entity that's separating each cell was transparent, kind of like a see-through glass. It's primary purpose was to shield the audiences, since they said that the show might have some harmful performances. Another purpose was to heighten the experience, since the mechanical entity surrounding us had special effects. Let's just say it had a show on its own. Swimming koi fishes, exploding fireworks, overseeing skyscraper, moving clouds, you name it.

Laughter and the cascading sound of orchestra whirled around us. The cyborg servants were serving sweets nestled on pink bowls, only for me to realize shortly that they're crystallized sakura leaves. Above us, strings and dots of lights decorated the ceiling until they appear like a constellation of stars.

Jeno's hair was slicked back today, sharpening his already sharp features and putting emphasis on his huge coal eyes. He was wearing an extravagant mahogany suit, creating a perfect blend with the velvet chairs themselves. He appeared so mindful of the buttons of his clothes, asking me if he had buttoned up the right number of buttons, and if they're more, or less.

Fortunately, Ten was there to style him like a fashion expert. "Don't do the first two buttons. It makes a man look cooler," then he flashed a fetching grin on his mischievous lips.

For today, Ten made himself look more regal than he always used to be. His silver watch would twinkle everytime a beam of light collided against it. He looked like he's made of diamonds and gold. It's like he had a magical staff underneath the materials of his high-ticket clothing. He just looked so much like he came from a fantasy world. Green suit. Pointy shoes. Foxlike eyes.

Before I managed to shoulder my way to this specific chair I was currently sitting on, I needed to sign a lot of autographs. It's not everyday that the citizens see the Champion. When I was constantly asked where Yuta was, I could only smile at them and dodge the question.

"The show's starting in about 15 minutes," Ten informed me and Jeno. "I need to go, like, right now. Do you fancy your seats?"