o49

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - N I N E

Terrific.

Watching the show made me realize the beauty of the Capital, why people enjoyed it and why they're not ready to let it go.

On the stage was a virtual reality program, introduced by the one and only Heenim whose clothes were twinkling like scintillate pearls of bluish medium gray. The picot on the ribbon of his suit had a fancy, intricate design. He was moving from one place to another on the stage, delivering his flourished speech with exceptional confidence.

His grin sharpened when he further demonstrated the virtual reality, calling it a Time Picker.

"Do you know that decades ago, people only communicate through cellular phones?" Heenim beamed. "They also use world wide web to connect with each other. And when they play games, they need a mouse and a keyboard."

"What?" Sicheng wow-ed. "They can survive through that?"

"They pay stuffs with paper and coins," Heenim continued on, throwing his head back as a picture of bankers appeared on the screen of the stage, carrying an obscene amount of paper. "It's called money. And each countries have different currency. Thing is, this 'money' doesn't choose the owner. You may be rat-poor or a thief, but as long as you pay with this thing, you can get what you want."

Jeno blinked at that.

"This virtual reality can allow you travel to that era. All you need is to sit back and grab your pick."

The hologram on the stage produced a globe, rotating around in slow motion. As Heenim whipped his hand, the globe moved along with it.

"Let's see, um..." he was hovering his pointing finger over the lands of different state and countries and when he came across the lands near the vast blue picture of an ocean, Heenim immediately clicked it. "Ah! This, my friends, is Japan. During those times up until now, it's the leading country in terms of technology. It's ahead of its times. Our very own rulers are from Japan. We would like to thank the Nakamoto Inc. for sharing their creativity and knowledge that changed the world. Please give them around of applause!"

We clapped, looked around, and searched for the sight of either Taka or Mayuu. Everyone was patiently waiting, claps reserved for them and eyes held steady, but they didn't show up.

Heenim realized this, blinked, and slowly lowered down his hand. "I guess the Distingués have not arrived yet. Anyway! Let's travel this place!"