o55

C H A P T E RF I F T Y - F I V E

C H A P T E R
F I F T Y - F I V E

Two consecutive updates just for you guys!!

(Warning: too much angst and steamy scenes for the next two chapters. And angst. And angst again. You can finally jam to Halsey's Without Me after chapter 56)

They were pouring out emotions into their make-out session. Hands touched. Bodies pressed. Breaths caught in a daze.

I looked away for privacy, one hand covering my mouth to refrain any noise from escaping.

The sound of lips smacking reached my ears, and it made me feel a tinge on my chest. It made me blush.

Suddenly, by a jolt, a loud knock from the door rang to my brain, similar the sound of a bell ringing. Jeno and Jaemin separated a good distance away from each other, cheeks still flushed and lips slightly swollen.

"W-Wait a second!" Jeno stuttered.

A few seconds later, I heard them open the door. It was Mark.

"We're leaving now! Are you two ready?"

"Y-Yes. Are the bosses here?" Jeno asked, trying to sound calm. Jaemin was right behind him, staring at the floor while rubbing his neck.

"They are," Mark paused to look around. "Wait, isn't Sooji here? She went upstairs earlier to call the both of you."

Jeno and Jaemin exchanged a confused look.

"We've never seen her," Jeno said.

Clearing my throat, I finally decided to emerge from my hiding spot and revealed myself to the boys.

"Hi, everyone."

Jeno's and Jaemin's eyes widened at the sight of me. I couldn't blame them though.

"H-How long have you been there?" Jeno asked.

"A few minutes ago. I - um - no need to worry. I just checked the CCTVs," I said awkwardly while wearing a smile.

Mark sighed. "Alright, I'm going downstairs first. You guys better be there in 20 seconds!"

Just like that, Mark scurried away and left.

As soon as the door was closed before us, Jeno was quick to approach me, the speed of his legs screaming panic. "S-Sooji - I - we - it's not -"

"Jeno, it's fine. I have nothing against it."

"S-She heard everything?" Jaemin asked, his eyes startled.

"I am sorry I got to listen without your consent. I was looking for you guys and suddenly, the door opened, and you were arguing, and... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop. If you want to keep it a secret then you can trust me. I won't tell a soul, I swear."