You deserve an explanation-16

I'm so irritated😭 I just need to go get my damn eyebrows done because tomorrow is my first day but everybody and their mama wanna be at the mall today and I look a damn mess. Hair wrapped up, glasses dirty.🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️ anyway...since AP is gonna be kicking my ass this year I'm gonna make sure I finish this book. So I'm updating often.

Onika's POV

I took Robyn and Jaylin with me to the diner for lunch. When I walked in, Beyoncé looked up and frowned at Jaylin.
"Auntie Nika where's the bathroom?" Jaylin asked me.
"Right over there baby." I said pointing to the door. I watched as she walked off.

"Who's the kid?" Beyoncé asked me.
"That's Jaylin." I said.
"And who's kid is it?" Robyn asked trying to speed to the good part.
"I was getting there. She's Jayce's daughter." I said watching Beyoncé screw her face up.
"Isn't he gay?" She asked.

"Ok I could give you the long story but she'll be back in a couple minutes so I'll shorten it. Basically, back in fashion school, a few months after we met, we decided that we should go out one night. Jayce got HAMMERED and I didn't see him for the rest of the night. He came back the next day and said that he had sex with a girl and that was the end of it. Then about 8 months later, he got a phone call to come to the hospital and he met Jaylin for the first time and signed her birth certificate. But, Jaylin's mom wouldn't let him see her because he's gay and she didn't want her daughter to grow up with a dad who wasn't even attracted to women. She didn't want Jaylin to be confused." As I finished up the story Jaylin came back to the front and climbed up into a stool.

" As I finished up the story Jaylin came back to the front and climbed up into a stool

"Hey cutie, what do you want to eat?" Beyoncé asked.
"Can I have a grilled cheese with chicken tenders?"
"Yep coming right up" she said.
"Shawn you heard the girl. Chop Chop."
"Yes boss." He said heading towards the back.
"So Jaylin, how old are you?" Beyoncé asked.
"Six I'll be seven in a few months though."

"She doesn't have the mouth of a six year old though." Robyn grumbled.
"Yes I know I act older than YOU." Jaylin countered.
"See Nika? She's just like Jayce! She doesn't like me either!" Robyn said causing me to roll my eyes.
"So, how well do you know your dad, Jayce?" I asked.
"Not very well. I've seen him in pictures before but last night was the first time I was with him. Mommy took me to his house because she's going to Italy for an internship and she said he'd watch me but he just left me with you. I don't think he wants me." She said as she began sniffling.

"It's not like that at all, Jaylin. Jayce is kind, and funny, and he l-"
"Is a demon and your demon spawn."Robyn cut off my sentence.
"Robyn! Be nice!" Beyoncé said.
"It's alright it takes one to know one." Jaylin said.
"Here let's try calling Jayce to see what he's up to." I suggested. I scrolled to his number and called him.

Jayce's POV

I looked at my phone seeing Onika was calling and waited for the call to go to voicemail before I picked up the phone and called Aylin.
"What Jayce?"she asked frustratedly.
"You don't just get to drop Jaylin off with me and then leave the damn country."
"You always complained about how she never gets to see you. Now you have her. Where is she anyway?"
"She's with my friend while I'm going out of town. I need to clear my head."
"Well make sure your friend takes care of her while I'm gone. Though I prefer her FATHER act like one for once."
"Goodbye Aylin." I said hanging up the phone.

The reason I left Jaylin with Nicki was because I panicked. Aylin didn't want me near my daughter and I never even knew she was pregnant so why did she let me sign the birth certificate? I'm not cut out to be a dad, at least not right now. Jaylin will always be my baby but I missed out on so much, I don't think I could ever pick back up and be who she needs me to be. I'll be back, because she's my responsibility, but not for a while.
I boarded the plane, putting my carry on in the overhead compartment. Goodbye California.

Robyn's POV

I can't stand Jaylin. She's Jayce through and through. I'd choke her ass out if Onika wouldn't kill me. We were at the mall shopping for Jaylin's spoiled ass. Jaylin and Onika were holding hands walking from store to store and I was following closely behind because Onika had my credit card and I wasn't letting that out of my sight.

"Let's go in the Vans store Auntie Nika!" The demon said pulling Onika into the store. About 20 minutes later I cringed as Onika stuck my card into the chip reader and I saw the total was over $100.
"Can we leave now?" I asked.
"Just one more store Robby." Nicki begged.
"Fine."
"Auntie Nika look at that tutu!" Jaylin squealed as she pointed to a huge purple tutu.

"When the hell is she even gonna wear that thing Onika don't even think about it." I said.
"Let's go home." Onika told Jaylin.
"Forehead always kills the mood."
"It's Robyn to you, rugrat." I said as I scowled. She stuck her tongue out at me. We walked back to the car and Jaylin sat behind me kicking my seat.

"Rugrat I swear I will break ya ankle if you don't quit it."
"Robyn don't you think you're being a little bit dramatic?" Onika asked.
"Not in the slightest." I said standing my ground.
Onika discreetly dug her nails into my thigh and leaned to whisper in my ear.
"Maybe later we can ditch the kid at Beyoncé's and...play" she suggested.

"Y'all ain't ditching me nowhere. Try again. You're not about to play me like my mommy and daddy. No ma'am. Y'all wanna be nasty you got a room in Aunty Nika's house." Jaylin said without looking up from her iPad.
"You are such a cockblock...just like Jayce!" I said having a realization that caused Onika to roll her eyes.
"Keep driving Robyn."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Onika's POV

Later on that night we were all laying on the couch watching Big Mouth because Jaylin wanted to. Robyn tried to make me say no but I couldn't. Plus, if Jayce was concerned about who could watch a kid correctly, he would've given her to...literally anyone else.

"I'll be back Robby I'm gonna go get ready for bed" I said before making my way to my room. I sat on the bed thinking about how I'd have to alter a lot about my current situation to fit in Jaylin but I was willing to do it. After I changed, I walked back out to the living room and saw something I thought I'd never see.

Jaylin was curled up on top of Robyn with her hair in Robyn's face while Robyn had her arm wrapped securely around her, snoring away. I went on my phone and began to record.
"She's just like Jayce, right? Liar." I said, posting it to my Instagram and tagging Robyn. I threw the blanket on the back of the couch over them before going back to my room. Right as I started to fall asleep, my phone began to ring. I looked to see who was calling.

I saw GBF🙃💙🤴🏽 on my screen and slid to answer.
"Hello?"
"Hey Nika."

Heeeeeyyy thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!❤️

Do you think Jaylin is really like Jayce?

Robyn and Jaylin?

Do you think Aylin will be a problem in the future?

Where did Jayce go?

1237 words