Schooled-21

Go read my new story please! No? Okay.
Onika's POV

"Jaylin, hurry up! We gotta get you to school!" I said. This girl was really taking her good ass time.
"Coming!"she said as she came out of the guest room with her backpack already on.
"We're not leaving just yet I just needed you out here." I said causing her to take off her backpack and set it by the door.

"Can I get some breakfast then?"she asked as she sat at the island.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"I really just want some cereal." I nodded my head before opening the pantry and grabbing the cereal. I sat it on the counter and then went into the refrigerator for milk, but I couldn't find it. The last person who had the milk was Robyn and that was a couple days ago. I didn't see an empty carton in the recycling bin.

I furrowed my eyebrows and began opening cabinets all over, finally finding it in the spice cabinet.
"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. I took off the cap and smelled it, which made me gag. Jaylin hopped off of the stool and took it from me. She began to pour the curdled milk in the sink with a look of disgust on her face.

"ROBYN!" I yelled, to no answer. I went into my room and found her sprawled out on my bed asleep with her mouth wide open. I crawled onto the bed and placed my hand firmly over her mouth. About 30 seconds later, her eyes flew open.
"Man what the hell, Onika!" She said in frustration.
"Why the hell did I find my milk in the spice cabinet?" I asked.

She frowned at me sleepily.
"I thought I put it in the fridge." She said.
"Well you didn't. Jaylin's in there pouring cheese out of the carton right now. I told you to stop smoking weed and coming over to my house!"
"Normally I'm conscious, I don't know what happened that day." She said as she slowly sat up.
"I'll tell you what happened. They laced your shit." I said aggressively.
"My bad I won't do it again, sheesh." She said before she laid back down and went back to sleep.

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room. Jaylin was sitting on the couch watching the proud family.
"Come on Jaylin we'll go have breakfast at the diner and then I'll take you to school." I said as I slipped on Robyn's slides and grabbed my keys off of the counter. Jaylin turned off the tv and grabbed her lunch out of the fridge and walked to the door.

"Bye Uncle Robyn!" She yelled at the top of her lungs like I don't have neighbors.
Robyn came out of my room, rubbing her eyes.
"Where y'all going so early?" She asked sleepily.
"To the diner for breakfast since you ruined the milk, there better be a new carton when I get back." I said.
"Bring me something back." She said.
"Fat chance." I replied before I opened the front door and walked out with Jaylin following closely behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaylin's POV

Auntie Nika pushed me into the door of the classroom that I didn't want to go into.
"Why can't I just stay with Uncle Robyn?" I asked with puppy dog eyes.
"Because...you'll never learn anything, especially not with Robyn. I want you to go in there and be you, okay? I promise I'll be back at the end of the day, alright?" She said as she crouched down to my level and opened her arms for a hug.
"Okay...I'll see you later." I said and ran into her arms.
"I love you." She said.
"Love you too Auntie Nika."

She walked back out of the room and gave me a wave before she disappeared around the corner. Today was gonna be a long day for me.
"Hi Jaylin. I'm Ms.Smith. Let's go get you a cubby." She said with a big smile. I gave her the most unamused look I could.
She showed me where my hook was and I put my backpack on it.

"When's lunch?" I asked. She laughed, I didn't see what's funny.
"I'll let you know. Why don't you go take a seat on the alphabet rug with the other kids, Okay? You'll make some friends I just know it." She said as she shooed me over to the rug. She was a little bit more happy then I was used to. Normally I'm with Auntie Nika and Uncle Robyn and they argue like old people.