Retaliation-23

1 more chapter 😭😭😭 I'm still salty no one commented on Stay Down Chapter 2😕 also, the date for the sequel is December 8 mostly because it's Nicki's birthday

Enjoy!❤️❤️❤️

Robyn's POV
I walked into headquarters tense as hell.
"Good morning boss." The receptionist said. I nodded in her general direction before walking towards the elevator. The doors slid open and I apprehensively stepped inside. I hadn't seen Beyoncé or Onika for a week because I busied myself. I got my assistant to send Onika on out of work errands frequently and if I ever wanted food, I damn sure wasn't at the diner.

"Robyn!" Onika yelled as she sped towards the elevator. I repeatedly pushed the button for the top floor.
"Come on!" I exclaimed in frustration as the door slowly began to close. She advanced towards me angrily and it shut right as she reached the door. I sighed contentedly and leaned back against the wall.

When I got to my office, I walked in and locked the door behind me before sitting down at my desk. I know I can't push all of my problems to the side as if they'll somehow be erased from my mind, but I can damn sure try. I didn't mean to blow up the other day but I just was at a loss. Everyone expects me to be so strong. Hell, I'm the CEO of this huge company, I have the net worth to show for it. But my mind just races and no one knows.

The handle on my door began to move back and forth.
"Robyn!" Onika banged on the glass.
I rose from my desk and walked over to the door, closing the blind, before going back to my desk and sifting through the stack of miscellaneous papers that had been piling up recently.

"You are such a dick!" She yelled.
I let out a sigh of relief as I heard her heels click away from the door. There was a knock on my door again, I rolled my eyes thinking immediately it was Onika.
"Who is it?" I asked aggressively.
"Uh...it's Lauren, remember me?" The timid voice said through the door.

"Um...not really ringing a bell." I answered truthfully.
"Lolo sound more familiar?"
"Oh yeah...um hold on a second." I said before getting the papers back together. I'm never going to finish this mess. I took a deep breath before I got up and unlocked my door, I let her in before looking both ways and locking the door again.

"Hey. Uh...didn't think I'd see you ever again." I said as she got comfortable on a couch across my office.
"Yeah...um, I figured this would be a little bit awkward." She said as she looked down at the folder in her hands.
"Ya think?"

"So...um, how's your relationship going?" She asked causing me to raise an eyebrow.
"Not well, but in my world that's no surprise. How about yours?"
"Oh I'm uh...not in a relationship. Actually you were the most sexual contact I'd had in about 6 months." She rambled.

"Uh...that's nice? I got some stuff to do so, what brings you here?" I asked.
I looked at her as she bit her lip nervously and handed me the folder.
"You gonna tell me what this is gal?"
"Uh...I know you don't owe me anything but I'm really struggling, and you're a nice person and...can you just look over my portfolio?"
"Yeah, I'll get around to it." I nodded and sat the folder on my desk.

"Thank you so much. I don't really know how to thank you!" She ran into my arms and snuggled into me. I awkwardly patted her back.
"I think you just did." I said with a nervous laugh.
"Uh, right. I'll talk to you later I guess. Thanks for your time." She flattened her skirt and scampered out.

Beyoncé's POV

"You know Beyoncé, this place is gonna be real different because you're not here." Michelle said causing Kelly to nod.
"Please don't remind me. It's bad enough that I won't have a solid home to stay in for a couple years but it's not like I've ever had that anyways." I mumbled, picking at my food.