Goodbye-20

Sorry for being ghost APUSH has been kicking my ass. I was going to wait until Saturday and give a double update but someone's ignoring me rn so... I'm just gonna update again then.

Enjoy❤️
Jayce's POV

I decided to FaceTime Nicki because I had something weighing heavily in my mind that I wanted to ask her. But this was as close as I could get to a face to face exchange.
"Hey dad!" Jaylin said with a smile.
"Hey Jaylin, where's Auntie Nika?" I asked her.
"Um...I think she's in the bathroom because Uncle Robyn got angry today and punched the wall and put a hole in it and then realized she has to pay to get it fixed and then she punched it again so Auntie Nika went to wrap it up." She rambled.

"Oh okay. Just go into the bathroom so I can talk to her." I said.
"Okay. Is that mommy? Are you guys fucking?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.
"I- where'd you even learn that?"
"Uncle Robyn said that when two people are in the same room and they aren't friends, they're fucking." She explained confidently.

"Please never repeat that."
"Okay." She said before reversing the camera so I saw Robyn sitting on the bathroom counter while Onika wrapped her knuckles in gauze.
"Hey best friend!" I said.
"Hey Jayce!" Onika said back as she continued to concentrate on dressing the wound.
"I need to talk to you...one on one." I said nervously.
"Um...okay. Here Jaylin. You keep wrapping this around Uncle Robyn's knuckles until she can't move it." Onika said before taking the phone and flipping the camera around so it was on her.

"So uh...what did you wanna talk about?" She asked. I recognized the background to be her room.
"I think I like Aylin. Well, I hate her but there's something to it that makes me like her...I don't know what's wrong with me."
"Uh...maybe you aren't gay then. Regardless, you know I love you and your personality so it doesn't make much of a difference to me." She said.

"Yeah thanks but...that's not the main part of this call..." I said lowly.
"Lay it on me. I can take on some more surprises."
"Um...I'm actually gonna stay in Italy for a while...Aylin said I could stay with her and I'd rather not drag Jaylin out here when Aylin and I are just getting to know each other."
"So...you want me to take her in?"
"Yeah...Aylin has this internship for a few years and I trust you more than anyone. You can enroll her in school, and raise her to be a better person than I ever could."

"Jayce..."
"I know it's a lot to ask. We're still her parents and we'll always be there for her but...right now it's kinda complicated."
"Wow...I'll do my best." She gushed.
"I know you'll be great! I love you so much Onika!"
"I never thought I'd be a mother before 30." She said in utter shock.
"Jaylin loves you. Hey can you put Robyn on the phone real quick."
"Yeah...Robyn!" She yelled.

"What you yelling for?" Robyn asked as she walked in.
"Jayce wants to talk to you." She explained.
"What Tarzan?" She asked with a scowl.
"I was gonna say it nicely but since you wanna be like that...I QUIT BIIIITCH!"I yelled.
"What are ya gonna do?" Robyn asked.
"I don't know but I'll call you from the Versace headquarters when I get the job." I said confidently.

"Yeah ok...when are ya gonna come pick up ya spawn?"
"Ask Onika. Toodles!" I said before ending the call. I can't wait to hear about Robyn's reaction.
"Jayce! Come to bed!" Aylin said from the bedroom.
"Coming!"

Onika's POV

"So...Jaylin will be staying with me for a few years."
"Years?!" She asked.
"Yep. I'm basically her mom now..." I explained. I rolled my eyes as Robyn dramatically dropped to her knees.
"Why? Lord...all I asked for, was to not be tied down...and if I was, I wanted it to be a bad, childless, woman. Why me?" She said as she wiped away a tear.