Chapter 8

I wake up immediately feeling the hard, stone cold forest floor beneath my body. I push myself up and stumble a little due to the dizziness of standing up too quickly, once I regain my balance I look around to try figure out where I am or how I got here because I don't remember at all.

"Elizabeth..." a voice calls in an almost taunting way.

"Who's there?" I shout back into the dark void.

"Elizabeth..." a more masculine voice calls tauntingly.

"Where are you?" I shout again.

"Oh Elizabeth," the voices cry out in unison.

"Who's there?" I scream with tears of frustration and fear cascading down my face.

"We missed you dearly, little Lizzy," a harsh voice whispers in my ear.

I jump in fright, only two people in the entire world call me little Lizzy. My parents, but they're dead.

"Turn around little Lizzy," the voices chant.

It can't be. It can't be. It can't be.

I take in a deep shaky breath and slowly turn around to face in the direction of the voices.

I gasp and more tears start to involuntary fall down my face like a waterfall.

There stood my parents with chunks of their body torn out and claw marks from head to toe with their own blood covered in every inch of their body, their mouths slit from ear to ear, smiling at me.

"Look what you did little Lizzy," the voices chant.
"Look what you did."
"Look...what you did."
"Look....what....you....."

I scream and shoot up crying out, "I'm sorry, please believe me I'm sorry!" Over and over again.

Strong arms quickly wrap around me and pull me back down into a tight hug.

"Shhh Elizabeth, it was only a nightmare, shh," Xavier's husky voice consoles me.

Soon I calm down and the only sound to be heard was my gentle hiccups echoing throughout the bare room and Xavier's soothing voice whispering positive affirmations in my ear.

I turn to face him and I gently place a kiss to his lips which shocks the both of us but has our wolves purring loudly in content. I pull away before it becomes anything more and look at him.

"I'm sorry I woke you up," I apologized.

"Never apologize about having nightmares we all get them, do you want to talk about it? It might help," he asks quietly.

"Maybe tomorrow..." I say even though I have no true intention of telling him, I didn't want him to reject me for being weak and running away when my pack needed it most.

"Okay, let's try get some more sleep we have a busy day tomorrow..." he tells me.

I realize I'm too tired to ask him what's happening tomorrow and slowly fall into a, thankfully dreamless, sleep.

Beep...beep...beep...beep

"What the fuck is that?" I ask groggily.

I hear a deep raspy chuckle from beside of me, "it's just the alarm love," Xavier says.

My cheeks flush with pure embarrassment.

"Oh." I look away, trying not to laugh at myself.

"Come on, lets have our discussion now as breakfast is already waiting for us," He states while motioning to the door.

"Already? We just woke up, how is it ready?" I ask confused.

"We have cooks here in the pack house, they make breakfast everyday for the pack members as well as themselves." He informs me.

"Oh okay, let me get dressed though I don't really want your pack members seeing me in this," I say motioning to what I was wearing which was his baggy t-shirt and also his boxer shorts which I don't even remember changing into.

He growls and his eyes flash black with lust for a second before changing back to their beautiful brown colour I've become familiar with.

"Okay, there are some clothes for you in the closet, I had a pack member bring more up, remind me to take you shopping soon," Xavier says mumbles raspily.

"Okay," I hum, running a hand through my hair.

I walk into the enormous closet and immediately see some dark blue jeans, and a white crop top with a red rose in the middle of it with a sports bra and black underwear on the chair by the door.

It only takes me 5 minutes to get changed and tie my hair up and get back out of the closet to walk downstairs with Xavier, but with every step I take my heartbeat gets faster and faster as I remember that Justin is somewhere unknown. I need to have this conversation with Xavier now.

I speed walk towards him and grab his arm and gently tug him all the way downstairs to the kitchen, one of the few places I can find in this mansion of a pack house, and sit him down on the bar stool at the breakfast bar.

Before he can even utter a word out of his pink, chapped lips I demand to know where Justin is and if he's okay.

"Woah, calm down he's okay... he's been given a bag of...blood to help him regain some of his strength," Xavier tells me avoiding my first question.

"Xavier...where is he?" I demand louder.

He scratches the back of his neck anxiously before reluctantly mentioning he was locked in a room at the back of the pack-house

"What?!" I scream, my voice loud enough to shatter a glass cup.

"Let me speak to him," I say through clenched teeth trying to calm myself.

"Elizabeth, it's too dangerous," he insists.

"What were you even thinking locking a harmless child in a room anyway?" I interrogated.

"Beth I was only-"

"Don't Beth me, he's a child, he's harmless, he wouldn't even hurt a fly, and for a child he has an amazing sense of self control. How did that make you feel? Locking up a child?" I snap.

"I was protecting you, that's it, that child is a vampire do you hear me? A vampire, they kill people Elizabeth, I was protecting you, I am not going to lose you he kept screaming your name and thrashing around it made me so fucking angry, don't you understand?" He screams lividly while slamming his fists down on the table creating a slight crack in the marble countertop, that's when I realize I wasn't talking to Xavier, I was talking to Xerxes.

I take a deep breathe and look him dead in the eyes, "I care about you Xerxes, but I am your equal, your Luna, your soulmate, if you don't trust me how is this relationship going to move forward? I am going to be leading alongside you for a long time and I am sorry for shouting and screaming, but I need to see Justin, come with me please and you'll see what a good kid he is, you'll be with me the whole time." I affirm him.

I can see Xavier slowly flow back into his eyes and his wolf fade away little by little as he debates with himself what the right decision is.

"Okay, but you do not leave my sight Beth. Understand?" He sighs, undefeated.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I squeal whilst hugging him.

He chuckles and wraps his muscular arms around me and then awkwardly coughs, letting go of me, while looking at the floor and I turn around to see an old lady standing at the door with wide eyes holding 2, now cold, plates of food.