Chapter 35

(Please, if you want to/don't mind, answer the questions at the end of this chapter <3)

I softly pad up the stairs behind Xavier, who was unusually quiet. Worry seeps into me as my mind races through millions of thoughts.

I had a feeling I knew what he wanted to talk about.

He opens the door just enough to slide through and waits for me to sit down on the bed.

I sit just on the very edge, my hands clasped tightly together, feeling tense and uncomfortable.

Xavier sighs and runs his hand through his soft hair, making me wish it was my own hand.

"Xavier, I think I know wh-"

"Elizabeth," he cuts me off, using my full name for what seems to be the first time in so long, "do you want to have children with me?" He cuts right to the chase.

I purse my lips, clasp my hands even tighter, and look at the floor as I gently shake my head no.

I hear a sharp intake of breath and I can see Xavier pacing across the floor, debating what to say next.

"Is it me? Did I scare you? Are we going too fast? You know we have forever together we don't have to start anything ri-"

"Xavier, please, it's not any of that," I begin, looking up at him, "I just- I just don't want to be a mother, I know this causes a lot of issues for you, but please just try to understand me."

"I'm not going to force you to have a child with me, I would never do that, but it does cause a lot of complications, the main one being, who is the heir to the pack?" He whispers, coming to sit next to me.

I close my eyes and sigh, I didn't think about that.

"I don't know," I say after a moment of silence.

Xavier lies back on the bed, his legs dangling off the edge slightly and he pulls me down into his chest, my back pressed against him and he inhales my scent.

"I'm sorry Xavier, I know how much you want children."

"I want to spend my life with you, children or not."

"Your pack means a lot to you, I promise I will figure something out," I murmur.

He doesn't say anything but I hear his breathing slow down, so I pull us both up so we are properly lying on the bed and I snuggle into his arms.

I yawn and stretch my arms above my head, hearing the satisfying crack of my back as I reach up.

I turn my head to wake Xavier up but I notice his side of the bed is cold and empty. The clock shows that it is barely 8am.

I walk into the bathroom to see that the mirrors are steamed up meaning Xavier was just here.

I jump in the shower and quickly wash my hair and my body before going to pick out my outfit for the day.

I settle with a simple navy dress with a zip going up the middle, I had a lot of work to do today and people to speak with so I wanted to look somewhat sophisticated.