Chapter 30

I wake up feeling very disoriented and turn my head towards the clock to see that it's almost 5pm. I've almost slept through the entire day.

I twist my body around to see if Xavier is beside me but as I suspected there was a cold and empty space lying beside me.

I look down and place a gentle hand over my stomach. It's not possible. It just isn't. Suddenly the questions and the fears start to pour on top of me like a downfall. Do I want a child? Can I even take care of a child? Am I old enough to have a child?

Anxiety crawls inside of me like a disease, poisoning my mind and my stomach, making it churn. I bolt towards the bathroom and begin throwing up again but since there is nothing left to throw up I begin choking over the lid of the toilet, an acidic liquid rising up my throat, leaving a sticky metallic taste stuck in my throat.

"Elizabeth!" I recognise Beta Ethan's frantic voice as he leans down on the floor beside me, rubbing my back soothingly.

I choke up more of the acidic liquid before dizzily falling backwards into Ethan's hands.

He reaches over grabbing a face cloth and rinses it before placing it over my sweaty forehead.

This didn't feel normal, it didn't feel like morning sickness. Was my possible baby already dying?

"I need," I abruptly lean forward to choke up again, "to see the doctor."

Ethan nods in desperate agreement before helping me up and looping one arm around my back and leading me towards the nearby hospital.

I reach to grab onto his shoulder, making him look down at me, "please don't worry Xavier, I will talk to him later."

"Yes Luna, but I can promise you that word will get out quickly that the Luna is in the hospital."

I nod, agitated that Xavier will be smothering me with overprotectiveness for at least a week.

I'm gently placed down on the sheet covered hospital bed as a doctor I haven't met before walks in, her shoes clacking against the polished floor.

I brush my hand across Ethan's forearm, "please go talk to Xavier, I'd rather you told him instead of him panicking and rushing here," I tell him, really just wanting him to leave so I can speak to the doctor.

He nods and clasps his hands behind his back before calmly walking out the door. I turn to face the doctor, who has light blonde hair neatly tied up in a tight bun and her hands tightly clasped together, she seems nervous, very nervous.

"Hello Luna, I'm just going to do a few tests and see what could be the probl-"

I cut her off with the wave of my hand, "I'm sorry to interrupt but I think I just need an ultrasound..."

She blinks in surprise and her eyes go wide and her mouth drops. She quickly collects herself and nods before rushing out the room before letting out a loud sigh of relief.

I listen to the clacking of her shoes as she speeds down the corridor.

Not even 10 minutes later I'm lying with my shirt rolled up ready to get an ultrasound.

The cold gel touches my stomach making me flinch in surprise, I've heard about how cold this stuff is but I was always certain I'd never actually feel it myself.

After a few minutes of silence the words that leave the doctors mouth both shock and panic me.

"You're not pregnant Luna."

A gasp of relief, or perhaps panic I'm not quite sure which, leaves my mouth. "I'm not pregnant? are you positive?"

She nods nervously, "I'm positive Luna, I could do the ultrasound again if you-"