Chapter 11

"Elizabeth? Elizabeth!" I hear Xavier shout.

I continue to focus on the memories I had of my father as now realised what the hell I had just done.

"I'm sorry," I apologise profusely, still hiding my face.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay," Xavier comforts me.

"Are you okay Luna?" The Beta asks.

"I'm fine, thank you," I try to smile at him.

I feel myself being lifted up but I don't dare take my hands away from my face, I hear the door being lightly kicked open and I'm gently placed on the bed, I wait to feel Xavier's body lie down on the other side but it never does.

I slowly take my hands away from my face and wipe away the excess tears and look up. Xavier is sitting on the small couch diagonal from me, staring at me with great concern.

I sit in silent embarrassment, not wanting to be the first to speak, I just sit and examine his movements, the way his nose scrunches up when he is thinking, the way he runs his hands through his hair repeatedly when he is nervous, no matter how silly it looks.

"Elizabeth? What happened?" Xavier asks.

My breath hitches, I don't know what I was expecting though, I made a scene.

"I um, I just um," I start.

He comes closer until he is sitting on the edge of the bed, and he takes my hands in his and kisses them.
I take a deep breath before I begin to tell him.

"My mum, she cheated on my dad, and when I was younger and I was forced to sit and watch my dad cry because his mark burned, it was horrible and it looked painful and I'm sorry I guess I just got scared," I say softly.

Xavier doesn't waste a second before pulling me into a warm hug and kissing the top of my head.

"I would never cheat on you Elizabeth," he whispers.

"I know," I whisper too, suddenly feeling very tired. I lean back into the bed gently dragging Xavier with me and I hide my face in his chest and close my eyes, he sighs with content and pulls me even closer and wraps his arounds me and whispers "good night," even though I know it is the afternoon.

"Morning," Xavier jokes when I finally open my eyes.

"What time is it?" I ask groggily.

"7pm," Xavier laughs.

"Shit, don't you have Alpha work to do?" I exclaim sitting up in my seat.

"Yes, so what do you say Luna? Want to plan the ceremony?" Xavier asks.

My breathing hitches as I feel Xavier's breath down my neck and hover where my mark will be.

"S-sure," I whisper as I feel him move to get off the bed.

"Okay, lets go," he exclaims, the words rushing out in excitement.

I gasp when I walk into Xavier's office, it's so big, I don't know what I was expecting though he has one of the biggest packs in the world, he must have so much paperwork.

"Your office is amazing," I gasp.

Xavier smiles at me and goes to sit in his chair pulling an identical one up next to his for me to sit on.

"Okay, lets get planning." Xavier smiles.

"Let's do it," I say, slowly becoming more comfortable here.