Chapter 15

"Where would we even begin?" I say throwing useless files left and right in Xavier's office.

"Well we know he is a vampire, but since Justin was a prisoner, his file is small and doesn't hold a lot of information, but it should be useful nonetheless, we just have to find it," Xavier says while stretching his arms above his head before continuing to look through cabinets full of files.

After 2 hours of searching through thousands of files I finally find one titled 'Justin Reed' and snatch it from the drawer and leap across the room to Xavier.

"I think I found it!" I exclaim.

Xavier turns around immediately and I impatiently shove the file into his hands and watch as he skims through the information inside.

"This is it," he says with a tired smile and gives the file back to me.
I skim through some of it, wondering if it can help us.

Name: Justin Reed
Species: Vampire
Age: 6 years old
Father: Bates Reed
Mother: Unknown

"Bates Reed, that's his father, we have a lead," I say excitedly, hopeful that we will find him.

"We don't have his location though," Xavier says frustratedly as he grips on to the edge of his desk.

"Well yes, but I'm assuming he is nearby where he and Justin used to live, we just have to ask Justin," I say.

"Then Justin will know we're planning on bringing his abusive father here," Xavier says worriedly.

"We might not have to, if he just tells us when we find him," I added.

"He won't tell us if his son is a hybrid, he will just try to take him back," Xavier retaliates.

"Well, maybe you and your guards could...kindly persuade him to give us the information," I trail off, feeling only slightly guilty about suggesting we torture the information out of him.

"Okay, we will plan properly and go next week, that should be enough time to figure out what we are going to do," Xavier decides.

The week went by slowly, as if it was torturing me, making me writhe in the anticipation, what would happen to Justin if we find out he is a hybrid? Would the pack want him dead? Hybrids were seen as abominations, unearthly creatures, but Justin is so young and innocent.

I stare at the bare wall in front of me, lost in my thoughts, so lost that I didn't hear Xavier come into the room.

"Are you ready?" He asks slowly, almost as if he is trying to draw this out longer.

"Yes, let's get this over with," I say, not liking the constant feeling of distress that was overwhelming me.

I pull my lightweight jacket tighter around my body as the sharp cold air wraps around my skin.

We keep walking through the eerily silent woods, slowly getting closer to where we believe Justin's old house is, which he said is 2 hours south of our pack borders. The closer we get, the uneasier I feel, my subconscious is telling me this isn't going to end well.

"Alpha, Luna, I see something straight ahead," one of the guards points towards a dimly lit stone house amongst the fog.

"That must be it," I say, picking up the pace to keep up with everyone else who seem to be sprinting towards the house.

We get to the front door and I reach my hand up to knock on the front door when Xavier lifts up his foot and kicks the door making the wood split into little bits and come flying down onto the floor with a thud.