Chapter 9

We stare back at the cook, our eyes now the ones wide open, and we burst into a fit of giggles and run away.

"Which way is this room of yours?" I ask.

"It's on one of the bottom floors above the dungeons, which is underneath the ground," Xavier replied.

I started to feel uneasy thinking of Justin under the ground, images of him ghostly white, coughing and dying fill into my head making me pick up the pace, anxious to see him.

"Woah, slow down, we'll be there in 2 minutes it's not that far," Xavier chuckles.

I turn around to glare at him and quicken my pace not caring I have no idea where to go. Before I get very far Xavier jogs up behind me and gently places his hands on my waist slowing me down gradually and continuing to lead me to the room where Justin is.

A few minutes later the air turns cold and the air becomes dirtier and harder to breathe in and the faint stench of blood becomes stronger with every shaky step I take, telling me we are approaching the room.

I take a deep breathe in and turn to Xavier and say "let's go get Justin out of this hell hole."

He sighs in annoyance, "it's not a 'hell hole' it's a normal room...he's just locked in it." He reluctantly leads me to the glass door where I immediately recognise Justin, who surprisingly looks healthier and more energised. I see empty blood bags around the room which instantly make me feel queazy, the stench overpowers my senses but I push it aside when I see him.

"Justin!" I exclaim happily.

"Luna!" Justin squeals excitedly.

I turn to Xavier, expecting him to hand me the keys, but he approaches the door himself and unlocks it and steps in first then letting me enter but not allowing me to step even a centimetre in front of him.

I reach out to hug Justin when I'm abruptly pulled back by my mate.

"Xavier..." I growl warningly.

I can't mind link him yet but trust me if I could he wouldn't be happy.

I secretly kick a rock at the wall making Xavier flash around in protective mode and I rush forward and pull Justin into a giant hug telling him how much I missed him.

"Elizabeth!" Xavier snarls.

I feel my eyes flash a vivid orange colour and I turn to glare and Xavier, suggesting he backs off before I get very angry.

He gets the message and shuts up but refuses to move further away.

I ruffle Justin's hair and carry him upstairs to a guest bedroom, even though it was still the morning, the bags under his eyes tell me he is exhausted.

I gently place him in the large double bed and tuck him into the cosy covers and kiss him on the head.

"Sweet Dreams Justin, I'll see you when you wake up," I whisper softly.

"Good night Luna, thank you for taking care of me," Justin murmurs.

I smile softly and grab Xavier's hand and walk into the hallway.

I turn around and hug him tightly whispering a thousand thank you's in his ear.

"Anything for my mate." He whispers.