Chapter 17

Xavier's POV:
I stare down at my little mate in shock, I immediately knew what she meant. This bastard was the one behind the attack on her pack, he ruined her life. I clench my fists and try to keep Xerxes at bay, not wanting him to scare my already distressed mate.

"Let's go home love," I whisper kissing the top of her head, I gently place one arm under her legs and one on her back and lift her up and hold her close to my chest.

The guards keep their heads down, sensing that I'm angry and the Luna is upset. I walk out the already opened door and start my journey through the woods, thankful for my advanced sight as it's almost pitch dark.

I feel my little mate shiver and I look down to see that she is almost asleep, I immediately sit down next to a small oak tree with drooping leaves and place Elizabeth on my lap gently, take off my jacket, put it on her and zip it up as far as it will go and pick her up again, holding her even closer to my chest. I carefully listen to her shaky breaths as she tries not to fall asleep.

"It's okay baby, you can sleep, I know you're tired," I whisper dotingly.

She nods her head sleepily and turns to face into my chest more, Xerxes can hear Eartha purring quietly, I smile down at her and continue our journey back home.

We finally arrive back at the pack house and the first thing I do is place Elizabeth on our bed and take off my jacket and her jacket, I leave her clothes on even though I really want her to sleep comfortably but I won't change her without her consent.

I step into the bathroom and quickly change out of my clothes but keep on my boxers, I quickly brush my teeth and eagerly slip into bed with Elizabeth. I pull the cover over her and wrap my arms around her tightly, pressing her close against my chest, aware of the fact she is freezing.

"Goodnight my love," I murmur gently, a warm feeling spreading across my chest.

I close my eyes and slowly drift in and out of sleep until I completely shut off from the world.

Elizabeth's POV:
'Lizzy you have to run!' My dad shouts.

'Dad I can't just leave you here!' I sob as I watch our pack fight for its life against the callous rogues that are hellbent on destroying us all.

'Lizzy please, I love you so much, I need to know you are safe, please run, run fast and run far,' he pleads with me desperately.

'But what about you? And mum? And Jeremy and Anna?' I bawl violently.

'We will find you sweetheart it's alright, we will all be together again in time,' he says comfortingly but it has the opposite effect because I know his words are a goodbye.

I look out my bedroom window to see Jeremy fighting a rogue. I watch intently, praying for his life, but my prayers were not answered as I watch his throat being torn from his body.

I scream and cry even louder, making my dad sit up in alarm.

'Little Lizzy, it is okay, it's okay, please run, run now, live a happy life for all of us,' he whispers solemnly.

'Please come with me dad, please,' I plead with him, not understanding why he won't come with me.

'I must fight by my mate, but you need to run so you can live a happy life with yours,' he tells me.

I sniffle, trying to keep quiet as the rogues near our hiding spot inside the pack house.

'I am so proud of you, your mother and I love you so much Lizzy, it's time to go and I will see you soon,' he kisses my forehead and pulls me into a tight hug.