Chapter 21

"I- I don't even know you, how did you find me?" I stutter out.

"Do you recall the night of the attack on your pack when wolvesbane was put down your throat?" He asks.

I nod slowly.

"Well, that knocked you out then my wolves put a GPS tracker right here," he says picking up my arm and pushing his fingers into my skin roughly.

I gasp and look at my arm and to my surprise I do see a small scar embedded into my skin.

"Why?" I ask, trembling.

He chuckles darkly before continuing.

"You weren't supposed to wake up so soon, I was meant to come collect you and bring you to a certain house, a house you have actually been to before."

I stare at him in confusion and open my mouth to object but he is quick to interrupt.

"That vampire you killed was a dear friend of mine, he had a marvellous plan he was going to carry out which ultimately resulted in your death, but alas he was killed so now my lovely friend and I are here to finish what he started."

"I don't even know him, why would he want to kill me?" I whimper.

"Your mother refused to give you to him, simple."

I open my mouth once again but he interrupts.

"Don't flatter yourself, you're nothing special, he just wanted someone to work around his house, look after Justin, you know do all the chores, and he also wanted to make your mother miserable, what better way to do that than take away her daughter?" He smirks.

"He knew she would object so he formulated his plan, after your mother left him for your father. Even after she promised to stay with him and do his dirty work." He tells me.

"What dirty work?" I ask again.

"You know, vampire stuff, we kill people daily, he couldn't be bothered throwing away the bodies and the council was closing in on him." The mysterious man tells me.

"You're going to kill me?" I ask, afraid to know the answer.

"Goodness no, we came up with an even better plan, something worse than death." He boasts.

I shake my head frantically.

"No, no, you can't do this to me." I try to scramble up from my chair but I can't.

He grabs my neck tightly once again.

"You'll pay for your mother's actions." He growls.

"My mother barely did anything!" I cry.

His eyes flash black as he glares at me with hatred.

"Vampires can't have mates, but we can deeply connect with people, your mother lead Bates on for weeks, she knew she was letting him connect with her, she forgot to tell him she was mated and she would leave him, she stayed and waited and waited for him to connect with her, then left as if it was nothing."

I thrash and scream.

"Why is my mother here if you hate her so much?"

"Iris, could you come in please? We should prepare Elizabeth for her procedure." He sneers in disgust.

My mother walks into the room, her eyes glowing the same vibrant green as they were 10 minutes ago.

"Silly me! Did I forget to mention? If your mother was here, I'd kill her with my bare hands, say hello to Mara," he tells me snidely.