+ chapter six

+ raelynn's pov

Today was the day of the date. I don't know why I was so nervous. I've been on many dates before but they were always with Mica.

Grayson and Mica are completely different and I can't help but feel attracted to the difference in personalities. My whole life I've only been with Mica and it feels nice to pursue new people.

I decided to dress somewhat casual but also look as if I put effort in. I brightened my face with my makeup covering up any imperfections. I took a final glance at myself feeling happy with how I looked.

I took a big breath and mumbled reassuring words to myself before putting my shoes on and walking to my car.

Grayson had sent me his address and I started my car to drive towards his house. Grayson's house was in a much different part of town; much richer than any part I've been to.

My feet dragged me to the front door ringing the door bell. My nerves were rising and I could hear his footprints behind the door.

He opened the door and my breathing hitched looking at the sight of the very attractive man in front of me. He was wearing jeans with a black shirt and his sleeves rolled just above his elbows. Fuck, he's so hot. (she's not lying though)

"Raelynn, you look stunning," he said, bringing my cheeks a light blush.

"Thank you Grayson, you look good as well. Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, let me just grab my keys."

As he closed his door, he held his hand out for me to take. We walked down the path and, being the gentlewoman I am, I opened the for for him.

"Thanks, Rae." He smiles his gorgeous, bright smile.

I walked to the drivers side and turned the car on preparing to drive.

"Can I know where we're going or is it a surprise?" he questioned.

"What's a first date without it being a surprise," I chuckled.

Every so often, I would sneak glances towards Grayson and sometimes I caught him doing the same.

"Keep your eyes on the road, Rae. I don't want to spend our first date in the emergency room," Grayson laughed.

"I'm offended, I'm an stupendous driver I have you know."

"Was your instructor blind or something? How could they let you pass. I swear, you ran, like, three red lights down there," he said making me gasp.

"Never offend Almus. He was a very good instructor. He always had mints in his car."

Our conversation had to come at a temporary halt as I drove into the parking lot.

"Wait here," I said to Grayson before going over to his side to open his door.

"Well, thank you again, Rae," he smiled that same beautiful smile.

We walked into the bright restaurant letting my eyes wander over the extravagant building. I've never been here before as fancy dinners aren't really my thing.

"Reservation for Jordan," I said to the kind lady at the desk.

"Table 21," she smiled.

Once we located the table, we both walked towards it. Before Grayson could sit down, I pulled his chair out for him.

"Rae, you don't have to do this," he laughed.

"It's fine. My feminists would be proud of me anyway."