+ chapter eighteen

+ grayson's pov

The light shone through the cracks of the blinds, lighting the room slightly. Raelynn was lying peacefully, her head resting on my chest. Unintentionally, a smile rose on my lips at the sight of her. She truly was the reason behind all my happiness.

After Ethan left, I had no one. I spent years alone, not bothering to socialise outside of work. My family wasn't the best of help, either. Cameron would sometimes visit me, not staying too long though. However, my parents cut off all communication with me, blaming me for what happened to Ethan. I would blame myself, also. It was my fault and I regretted it all the time.

But when Raelynn came into my life, I hadn't felt happier. I gave up with finding a girlfriend after Leilani left. One night stands didn't seem appealing to me either. But something about Raelynn made me know she was going to stay in my life for a long time.

My thoughts had been interrupted by the sound of her groaning. She was never a morning person and it was pretty evident in her complaining about the littlest things.

"Morning, Sunshine," I laughed, irritating her mood.

"Ugh, it's too bright," she grumbled, snuggling deeper into my chest. Her warm breath tickled my chest, making me laugh.

"Stop breathing, it tickles."

"I'm sorry my breathing bothers you," she said sarcastically, a laugh following.

A continuing silence replaced the laughter as Raelynn and I admired each other.

"I really like you, you know," I said, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. My hand rested on her cheek, my thumb rubbing circles on her skin.

"I really like you too, Grayson," Raelynn smiled, bringing my hand to her lips to give it a delicate peck. I studied her face, getting lost in her bright eyes. They held such beauty and emotion.

I absolutely adored the girl.

+

+ raelynn's pov

Spending so much time with Grayson justified my strong feelings for him. I feel a different sort of happiness when I'm around him. I feel as if we could have a conversation forever and I would never get bored.

The past few days with him have been refreshing almost, as if I've been craving him for so long.

His arms around me made me feel protected from every bad thing in the world. The feeling of being snuggled into his arms were one of my favourite things.

He was the one I wanted to be with.

"What are you thinking about?" The vibration of Grayson's chest as he spoke tickled my ear. The sound of his heart beat relaxed me.

"You," I said as he blushed. I looked up seeing his smile as he lowered his head to give me a gentle peck. His hands were tangled in my hair as I rested on his chest.

We both had been at his house, just enjoying each other's company.

Staring outside the window, the moon glistened on the tiny water droplets on the glass. I looked around his living room noticing the many pictures sat on his mantelpiece.