+ chapter seven

+ raelynn's pov

A few days after the date, and I'm still amazed. Whether this is early or not, I'm one hundred percent sure I like Grayson.

After dropping him home, I had this intense, giddy feeling inside me all night and I hope he felt the same. He doesn't seem like they type to settle down, but I try to push the doubts away in my mind.

I stood behind the counter of the cafe I worked at and wiped the counter for the fifth time now, given the fact that no one had entered for a while.

I felt a vibration in the pocket of my apron seeing that I received a message from Grayson.

grayson
hey, you up to chill out for a bit. i'm bored and we haven't spoken to each other for a while

raelynn
its only been two days, gray. and yeah i'm about to finish my shift so come meet me at the cafe

grayson
see you in a few x

read 1.51pm

I felt butterflies erupt knowing I was going to see Grayson again for the first time after our date. I felt like a school girl getting noticed by her crush but it's the first time I've ever felt something towards someone other than Mica.

The bell rang above the door and Grayson came into my view. I had two minutes left before my shift ended but I figured my boss wouldn't mind. I hung my apron up and walked towards the table Grayson was sitting at.

"Hey, haven't seen you in a while," Grayson chirped.

"It's been a few days," I laughed.

"I know, I guess I just missed you."

The statement caused all sorts of emotions to erupt. My cheeks blushed in response.

+ grayson's pov

We've sat at the table for hours watching people walk in and out of the cafe. We laughed and talked and it felt fun to be around her. I haven't been in a relationship for a while, nor a date, so it was almost refreshing.

The way she laughed at things I said, or blushed at my compliments. She had a charismatic aura beaming off her and her smiles were contagious. I couldn't deny the feeling I felt towards her, and after talking to her, I was almost positive I liked her.

I glanced at the clock, seeing it was almost ten o'clock.

"You up for a shit ton of snacks and a movie marathon at my place?" I asked her.

She looked hesitant causing me to say, "Please, it would be fun and you can pick out the snacks." I added a pleasing look, hoping she wouldn't reject.

"Fine, only if you promise to buy Ben & Jerry's cookie dough," she laughed.

"And she has good taste in ice cream? Damn, I got good," I chuckled. I put my hand out, "May I?"

"You may." She placed her small hand in my rather, large one.

We walked to my car as I opened the door for her. She thanked me and I walked to my side sticking the key into the ignition.

+

After three movies and four tubs of Ben & Jerry's, Raelynn and I were still both wide awake.

We were currently watching Nerve and I couldn't help but comment on everything.

"How is she getting paid to get a tattoo of his choice. Ethan chose one for me and I didn't get jackshit." I showed her my foot with Ethan's name in a heart.

"Ew. Get your crusty ass foot away from me," she grinned.

"Your feet have been lying in my lap this entire movie! And they're starting to smell, babe," I laughed.

I realised my use of the nickname, hoping she wouldn't notice.

+ raelynn's pov

I noticed the nickname.

+ grayson's pov

The movie finally ended and I noticed Rae starting to get sleepy.

"I should get going, it's getting late," she yawned.

"Rae, it's over midnight and you came here in my car. You can stay in my bed, I'll sleep on the couch tonight."

"No, it's fine. I'll stay downstairs. I'm comfy and I don't want to invade your home, Gray."

"Raelynn, please go to my bed."

"Grayson, I'm fine on the couch. I promise. But could I please borrow some clothes. I've been in my work clothes all day and they're kinda uncomfortable."

I gave up, knowing her stubborn ass was going to win anyway. I grabbed her a t-shirt and some sweats. After she changed, with my eyes closed of course, she fell asleep almost instantly and I couldn't bring myself to sleep in my bed while she's on the couch so I brought my pillows and two blankets downstairs. I covered her in a blanket and laid a soft kiss on her forehead before trying to get myself cosy on the floor. I looked at her peaceful state before letting myself fall into a sleepy daze.

+

im sorry this is vague and all but im not very good with detail
thank you for reading :)
<3

recommendation:
fuckedolans
criminal minds ; ethan dolan
[complete]