+ chapter thirty three

+ grayson's pov

"What do you mean my son," I asked, confusion and worry laced in my voice.

Before she could respond, a small boy crawled down the stairs. He looked about 2 years old. He had a blanket clutched in his hand and was rubbing his eye with the other one.

He had golden brown locks and I could see green specks in his eyes.

He walked over to Leilani as she picked him up, holding him against her.

The boy mumbled incoherent words, pointing in my direction.

"This is Grayson, your dad."

My eyes widened at everything that was happening. There's no way I have a son.

"Grayson, this is Tristan." I  gawked at the boy. I could see all the same features between Leilani and him.

"I... I don't know what to say," I stuttered. Truthfully, I had no clue on what to do in this scenario. There's no way I could raise a child.

"So, is this what you wanted to tell me? After all these years, you decide to tell me that I have a child now. How do I even know he's actually mine. You could've fucked other people while we were together," I said, frustrated. I made sure to keep my voice down, not wanting to scare Tristan.

"You know I wouldn't do that to you, Gray. We lived together, we were with each other every minute of every day," she assured.

Leilani walked upstairs and I assumed to put Tristan to bed as he had fallen asleep on her shoulder.

I sat on the couch, my head in my hands. What was I supposed to do? I can't raise a child and Raelynn and I just got together. Would she even stay with me after she found out I had a son?

Leilani walked back downstairs, cutting me off from my train of thoughts.

"We need to talk about this," she sighed. This is the most calm I had seen her. "To answer any of your questions, yes he is your son. He's turning three in a couple weeks and I've been raising him myself his entire life."

It took me a while to process everything in my head. "But why did you decide to tell me now?"

"Well, I found out I was pregnant a couple days you broke up with me. I couldn't exactly tell you we were having a baby when we broke up. My parents disowned me for being so careless and I had to raise Tris on my own. I couldn't have a job so my friend let me live with her for a while until I was stable. That's where I lived until we got into an argument and she kicked me out," she sighed.

I felt some sympathy for her. Raising a child by yourself isn't easy and I felt bad that I wasn't there to help her through it all.

"You should've told me. We couldn't worked something out, Lei. He's my son as well, I deserved to be a part of the beginning of his life. I missed out on a lot."

She turned to face me, "That's why I'm here, Gray. You can spend time with Tris and become the father you're meant to be." She grabbed my hands in hers and continued to speak, "We were going to get married, buy an apartment, Grayson. We were so happy and Tris would've completed that. I came back to tell you about him but also get back together."